gaps in reclaimed floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Silly Me in true woman style (sexist yes - also very true) thought I knew best, I wanted the old wide floorboards reclaimed form a local mill!!

My lovely joiner did his best, I have sanded, stained and sealed them and they are amazing - however they were not tongue and grooved so there are gaps?

I have filled all little holes with glue/stain/sawdust but these gaps run down the length of some boards (many of them actually).

My thoughts were to fill the gaps with glue/stain/sawdust - but how / what tool would i use?? (mind did wander to a cake icing bag ha ha but I aint much of a baker so..... ha)

Some gaps I could put (or the joiner) thin slices of floorboard in the gap I guess????

Help??

Sponsored Links
did your fitter clamp the boards up as he went?

perhaps the only proper way of making a really good job is to take them up and redo them?

or do as you have said thin slithers or maybe use a coloured chaulk,but personally i think that could look pants.

Well I am a plonker! It was a rush as I was having a kitchen fitted - so I didnt bother with the gaps - it looked rustic!

I am gonna get a joiner to put slivers of floorbaord in the gaps and I will resand and seal again! I cant get all boards up as there is a kitchen island right in the middle now!

Your right coloured filler will look pants!

Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back