Filling gap around shower pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re-doing our ensuite bathroom. Because we have a low profile stone resin shower tray with waste pipes under the floor level now (i.e. impossible access to the space underneath the shower), I did all I could to make sure the shower won't leak - aquapanel, BAL WP1 tanking, silicone, water resistant tile adhesive and grout, etc.

I'm going to fit the Bristan thermostatic shower valve now and just realised that there is a gap between the tiles and hot/cold water pipes since the holes in the tiles are about 25mm diameter and the pipes are 15mm. How can I make sure no water can get through this area? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
there is a gap between the tiles and hot/cold water pipes since the holes in the tiles are about 25mm diameter and the pipes are 15mm. How can I make sure no water can get through this area? Thanks.

normally i get a piece of marigold washing up glove, about 2" square, put a small split in it, stretch it over the pipe, do the same on other pipe, then tile over it, because of it being stretched tight over the pipe it makes a waterproof patch, then your adhesive sets it to the wall. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back