Filling gap between 2 walls without access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fill a gap beween 2 walls as I need to prevent water laying in the gap, I realise the logical answer is to fill it with cement or expanding foam but I have no access to use either as it runs over a length of 3 meters and is 50mm wide, any solutions would be most appreciated. I have enclosed a photo to make it easier to visualise. Thanks

PXL_20220822_112653190.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Could you chase in lead flashing and lap it down over the lower wall? Or is that not possible because of the access issues?

Unfortunately, there is not enough access to chase the wall for the flashing, Thanks for your suggestion.

Sponsored Links
Ask the neighbour if you can create access via his fence at your expense?

you might be able to get a couple of lengths of L shaped alloy laid along the wall? One from each end.
a couple of screws or even bricks to hold it in place on the short wall. L shaped to keep it straight

How is that going to hold any water at all?

The gap is not a problem regardless, but you will be creating one with any attempt to infill.

How is that going to hold any water at all?

The gap is not a problem regardless, but you will be creating one with any attempt to infill.
There is cement trapped down the gap so in not flat and now way for any water to escape, so I guess water would get trapped down there.
Maybe that is the solution though, just leave it.

You'll find that minuscule amounts of water gets down there, and any that does escapes faster than it fills up - if it's physically possible to even retain water in the first place.

If really concerned maybe lay this across the gap and wedge it in tight

If leave it though unless there's an actual problem
1661183390236.png

Careful with pipe insulation, the cheap stuff just rots in UV light sags and makes a mess
Surely a gutter is called for, if anything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back