filling grooves in Kitchen cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

What would be the best way to fill the grove's in on my kitchen cupboards rather than buying new doors ( pic attached )

Attachments

• 20201230_122625.jpg
    20201230_122625.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 226
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
In time you will see a ridge where you have used the 2-pack filler. As the door expands and contracts the filler will become very, very slightly proud.

When working with 2-pack filler you do not need to worry about using thin layers. The thicker it is the fast it cures (it generates more heat). That said, it might be prudent to aim for a nearly flush fill that doesn't need sanding and then a final thin coat (that will definitely need sanding).

You will need lot of filler. I buy the large 3L tubs of Upol Easy 1 from ebay. If you buy 3 you get them for twenty quid. I have since found someone else selling single tubs for £19.99 (free delivery over £20)

https://www.zoro.co.uk/shop/automotive/body-fillers/easy-one-smooth-body-filler-3ltr/p/ZT1362796X

I can't tell from the photo, are they solid timber doors or vacuum pressed vinyl doors? If they are the latter, the heat from the filler may delaminate the coating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back