Filling Hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rough looking walk with a couple of holes where a new boiler was fitted. Pipes exposed and electrical wires going into hive control and main switch.

Can these holes be fixed DIY style and best ideas to do this safely, or will this need a professional touch?

Attachments

• IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 129
Sponsored Links
I don't see why it cannot be DIYed. May take a few applications to fill hole around socket/pipe area.
Hole may need bulking up with a basecoat or off-cuts of plasterboard.
If you wanted to tidy the whole wall area up, it would likely be best to overboard the wall, this would mean disconnecting and removing electrical connection and then boarding.

Regardless of just patching or over boarding, it is advised to isolate electrics first.

Last edited:
thanks so much for your speedy response.. reassuring this is some thing that can be attempted by myself.

Can I continue to draw on knowledge for recommendation of the correct/ best/ fit for purpose products to use. DIY is a minefield for me and cautious to attempt some thing with the wrong tools!

Sponsored Links
It would likely best just to buy the one product to do the patching. Instead of buying various bags of plaster.
I would use one coat plaster, but don't be fooled that you only require one coat/application of it.

But the hole needs bulking up, is the wall a hollow/stud wall or a solid one.
some off cuts of plasterboard would come in handy.
Then all you really need is a cheap plasterers float

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back