Filling small dents/holes in plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi really small holes in walls roughly 5mm diameter and 1-2mm deep. I used to use powdered joint filler but looking for a tub of ready mixed, any help ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Bought a tub of ready mixed from pound shop yesterday , but cost £1.50.
Inflation !

Easyfill takes 5 minutes to mix and lasts forever. A tub every time is a lot more hassle and money.

The tubs typically last for years.
I had no such luck. My tubs and toothpaste tubes always went bad, sometime completely unopened. If years means 3 years, I think that's feasible. Stuff in cola bottles lasts a life time, ie, until the moment you pop the clogs. Lifetime stuff do take space, though.

Easyfill takes 5 minutes to mix and lasts forever. A tub every time is a lot more hassle and money.

Easifill is incredibly soft though. With a 5mm hole it isn't too much of an issue- provided that the OP doesn't have a dark wall colour. If he does he might be better off doing a flush fill and then a second hit after, and use 180 grit paper to level it.

I do use Easifill from time to time but only when "appropriate". Given that it is so cheap, it has become the go to filler for many "decorators" that don't care about longevity.

When repainting walls, as a matter of course, I run a 6 inch random orbital sander over the wall before re-painting. It the sander hit any easifill, the emulsion rips off the wall. I end up having to sand the whole lot back and will probably use something like Toupret TX110. Fillers used over plaster should be of similar hardness. Unfortunately, because Easifill is so cheap and incredibly easy to sand back, it is often used when it should not be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back