Filling small gaps between toilet and tiled floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On installing my toilet, I've found that I have small gaps between the bottom of the toilet and the floor tiles in places - slight bowing in the tiles is the likely culprit. By probing with packing pieces I know that these gaps are no more than 1-2mm, but I'd rather have the load of the toilet spread out fully.

I've wondered about removing the toilet and putting a bed of plumbersmait around underneath, but a) the toilet was a pig to fit so I'd rather not uninstall and b) I'm not certain the mait would actually carry any load.

I thought about squirting one of the more fluid gap-filling builders adhesives around underneath, but this doesn't seem wise in case I need to remove the toilet in future... broken pan and broken tiles!

Is there anything hard-setting, but not too adhesive, that is runny enough to squirt into 1-2mm gaps under a toilet bowl?

Sponsored Links
Just use a silicone adhesive, it'll set hard enough to support it but can still be cut with a sharp blade if lifting. Just don't use a lot, just enough to fill the gaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back