Filthy Doctors !!

why not say it when your grandmother dies of dehydration or your father has to wait 3 days for critical drugs or your wife and son nearly die in childbirth or

or when having sold all you belongings and have no more money to pay for her treatment your wife dies. That was in a modern advanced country called the USA where there is no NHS and almost all treatment has to be paid for by the patient or thier insurance company. But you cannot get insured for some conditions unless the premium is more than the cost of the treatment that is known to be needed to keep the patient alive.

The NHS has a lot of problems, not helped by a lot of people using it un-necessarily, but it is there when needed 99% of the time.

Hospitals need to have the old fashioned Matron who ruled the nursing side of treatment with a rod of iron and could sack nurses who failed to meet the required standards of treatment and discipline.

Living in a totally sterile bug free world would be fine but the bugs never would obey the rules. So constant low volume exposure to bugs and infection is necessary to enable the immume system to keep up to date and be prepared for when a high volume of bugs appear and need to be fought off. Those people whose immune system is not up to date due to having lived in near sterile condidtions will succumb rapidly when exposed to large numbers of a new bug or mutations of an existing bug their immune system has had no experience of.

Sponsored Links
The NHS has a lot of problems, not helped by a lot of people using it un-necessarily, but it is there when needed 99% of the time.

Hospitals need to have the old fashioned Matron who ruled the nursing side of treatment with a rod of iron and could sack nurses who failed to meet the required standards of treatment and discipline.

Indeed.
A lot of the current problems can be blamed fairly and squarely on rank bad management.
The NHS is full of Managers, pen pushers and desk jockey's who think the organisation is there for their benefit and that they alone know how to run the show. The importance of managing at the 'coal face', so to speak, is not for them. Their spreadsheets are more important.

Political Correctness forbids me from being more specific but I travel to Africa on business and I know that there are plenty of African nurses working in the UK and especially in London. I'm sure most are dedicated but let's just say that some Africans have a very different attitude to Europeans to hygiene and to compassion for the weak and sick.

My sister is a senior nurse and she once had a very bad experience - she realised that an African colleague was incompetent to give injections and was endangering patients. After searching her conscience for a few days she decided to report the woman. She is quite a timid person and her worst fears were realised, the wrath of the big mama came down on her like the apocalypse, followed by hysteria and every emotional trick in the book until the woman was sacked and removed from the hospital. My sister nearly had a breakdown over it.

Sponsored Links
My grandparents died at home, with great care provided.
My father the same. Cancer, heart and Motor Neurone being the causes.
My wife and first born almost died from pre-eclampsia, but I got home early and got the to hossie where they both survived. My life was saved by a off duty nurse.

My GP is always available and I can get seen on the day I call. All the other doctors are there as well at all times. So I can actually choose whom to see.
Some here are scaremongering, my local hospital is fantastic and clean.

If these people have large earnings then fair play, they save lives and more importantly improve the quality of life for others. Sure you get the odd bad apple and yes it can cost a life. But the overall is far better than someone who has had a bad taste of the NHS from his work experience. The same who seems to have had a lot of jobs, issues holding one down?

Yes the NHS is badly managed has high overheads but, it is there for all. Unlike other countries.

Knock that.

Back