final connection to bath trap question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath waste will be going onto glued solvent weld 40mm pipe from bath trap. What's the preferred way to make this last connection?

Does a McAlpine straight connector let you slide it on to the straight pipe and then push it back to make that last join?

I seem to have forgotten how best to do it! Cheers

Sponsored Links
Trap outlet is a compression fitting ,and pipe goes into it ????

Haven't any pics as still to finish a tee and bend that the bath 40mm is to go into.

I'll only have a foot length of 40mm pipe from the trap so my concern was getting it into the fitting with little or no flex.

Should I just be able to cut the pipe to the correct length and not need to actually push it into the trap, will it seal up with the compression fitting ok without needing to slide into the trap?

Sponsored Links
Should I just be able to cut the pipe to the correct length and not need to actually push it into the trap, will it seal up with the compression fitting ok without needing to slide into the trap?[/QUOTE]
This has to be a wind up !!

Should I just be able to cut the pipe to the correct length and not need to actually push it into the trap, will it seal up with the compression fitting ok without needing to slide into the trap?
This has to be a wind up !![/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help!

Light bulb just come on in my mind. I assume my very last connection is offering up the trap onto the bath waste outlet itself?

I was concerned about how best to fit the glued solid 40mm into the trap thinking the trap would be already fitted to the bath, but of course it wouldn't have to be attached to the bath. Pipe into trap compression fitting then offer it up onto bath

You have seen the light !!!! When the bath is in position , fit the waste trap and then make up the last section of pipe to suit. The trap can be taken off to attach to pipe ,then re connected if need be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back