Finally a photo!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know JohnD really loves photos and RCBOs, so here is a photo of a CU I replaced today, seeing as how everyone else seems so reluctant to post any pictures

Sorry its not MEM ;)

IMGP0971.jpg

Sponsored Links
Good work sir, very tidy!

(with the possible exception of some exposed copper on some of the neutrals towards the middle, but that's really nitpicking ;) )

That's one's done just for the camera :LOL:....and a part from the cable tie on the earths it's a top example

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Bit small, though, and not many RCBOs. :LOL:

If I get time and your heart will take it, I'll post a pic of mine. I've got a Crabtree Starbreaker with all RCBO's - not an MCB in sight :LOL:

yum yum.

100mA on the cooker and light circuits, it it?

And is it as big as this one?
77_1.JPG

latest Starbreaker doesn't have a busbar cover, the MCBs have tongues
poking out of the back that plug into slots in the covered busbar (see,
no screws at the bottom of the devices)

7f_1.JPG

(though I admit it should have had MCB blanks, if it wasn't going to be filled to the gills)

(and this is a nasty split-load, not a proper one stuffed with RCBOs)

I'm TT with my own earth nest. 100mA TD at source, 25mm submain to my trusty Crabtree CU and all 30mA RCBO's lighting, power, cooker, garage

As you know, if you're using RCBO's you don't have to worry about nuisance tripping so you may as well over protect. Mind you, I can't remember the last time when any of them tripped.

edit. I must stop talking and keep typing :LOL:

Ah, yes, but the advantage of the MEM Pod, drone, drone, drone.....

Double pole RCBOs? pensdown?

@ John, and its weird how things go round in circles, much more prevelent in the usa than here, but its remisscent of the old federal electric stab-lock breakers...

Adam_151 said:
Double pole RCBOs? pensdown?

@ John, and its weird how things go round in circles, much more prevelent in the usa than here, but its remisscent of the old federal electric stab-lock breakers...

That's the the down side of Starbreakers I had to use a 20way CU to get 10 useable ways and I'm now running out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back