Financial advisors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used one/got one?

If so how did you find them?
What do they charge? Is it a one off price based on the amount you want to discuss or is it an hourly charge? I'm thinking of doing something with a few deferred company pensions I have at the moment but don't know where to start.

Sponsored Links

If so how did you find them?
What do they charge? Is it a one off price based on the amount you want to discuss or is it an hourly charge? I'm thinking of doing something with a few deferred company pensions I have at the moment but don't know where to start.
I used one a few years ago, I knew him personally, he made his money from commission from the funds he invested my money in, he gave me some good advice mainly such as Standard Life demutualising, during the crisis he shut up shop and vanished, not with any of my money i add

Sponsored Links
I've got wealthy friends and poor friends. Most of my poor friends have a financial advisor.

Thank you Bernard. At least you had something constructive and sensible to say.

Yes.

If so how did you find them? One in Nationwide BS, general investments; one in the Pub, sorted out a pension*; Both are bl***y good in their respective fields.
*not in East Anglia.
Nw BS is 'Free' (actually they make a service charge - but that is a lot less than some pension companies). The one who sorted out my pension issues charged £1K for 2 meetings, researching the pension company investment funds and one letter - still good value.

If you are a union member ask your union, otherwise your accountant or Building Society. Not your bank as they will charge more.

wgt52 £1,000 for 2 meetings and 1 letter?

Crystalball, yours was someone you knew. Not really constructive to me.

Its not something that requires a lot of expertise or qualifications, so you need to go on recommendations. I've never used one, but I do know plenty of hedge fund managers who advise against using a Financial Advisor. I'd be very cautious about moving stuff with all this Covid-19 crap going on. You've missed the window to protect your funds, so now you probably need to hang on in there until we get through it.

Compare a financial advisor with a damp treatment surveyor, and the products/solutions they may offer.

The paid visit, or the free visit.

Sponsored Links
Back