Finding out engineer code - Premier 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently had a system fault reported on my alarm (Telecom Premier 24 Plastic), saying Battery Fault. I've read on here that these are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace yourself (I found this guide also http://www.smartsecurity.guide/texecom-alarm-battery-fault-replacement/ and the video linked below), but that you need your engineer code. We bought this house last year and the only thing the previous owners left us was the code for arming/disarming. How do I go about getting the engineer code? Is this something the installer would have?

Also, is there a tamper alarm with this model if the front panel is removed? If so, does this need the arm/disarm code, or the engineer code? Annoyingly for me, my keypad is way downstairs away from the box.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It may be locked and it may be engineer reset on tamper ....take lid off box turn off with user code , put lid back on enter code and reset ....if that works , repeat and replace the battery

Hmmm, not sure about taking that risk. If its engineer reset on tamper, and I can't turn it off then I'm screwed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back