Finding out who owns land?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was talking with a neighbour yesterday and they said that an area of the church grounds was de consecrated and sold to a developer in the 80's but because there was no access to the plot they could never build on it.

The land shares a border with my garden and I wouldn't mind buying it to use as an extended garden and build a garage on.

Where would I begin? The land registry?

My garden is outlined black and the land in red

IMG_1918.JPG

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure the developer still owns it or is still in business.

They can't go up the road past the church because our neighbours garden blocks it and they can't cross through the church because that's a grave yard.

I'll send my missus to speak to the Church then try the land registry link. Thanks.

Last edited:
So if you managed to purchase the land, and then managed to buy enough of you're neghbours land to get access to it, and then applied for outline planning permission, you'd be laughing your head off.

No, you have to break through (the obviously rotting fence that wasn't realy there), and start growing some vergetables. Have a look for adverse possion, but I think it may even be down to 10 years by now.

Put up a shed with a couple of goats, that way you are using the land and looking after it.
If the builder/land owner goes mad just say you are helping out a friend who had 2 goats that needed moving on and you wanted to keep the grass down so that it as if was being carried for.

Then 10-12 years later, claim it as yours.

And you lived happy ever after.

The End. (only if life was this simple)

Andy

Ian, hope my thread inspired you to think about doing this .. ?

Anyway, looks like a good proposition if you can get your hands on it, you could go fully sustainable with a plot that size, a polytunnel or two would work really well.

Shame you're not a little closer to London, I'd come and help you start up. Good luck with it.

Sponsored Links
Back