Finding PROPER heating engineers in our area (Hants/Surrey)

have u actually made a decision locoblade? :rolleyes: I can't believe it!

bet u change your mind :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Got to keep you boys on your toes somehow :D

So what it seems to boil down to is there's no technical reasoning, its simply that open vented cylinder aren't as well insulated because they're built to sell at a lower price.

So what it seems to boil down to is there's no technical reasoning, its simply that open vented cylinder aren't as well insulated because they're built to sell at a lower price.

why don't you write to all the cylinder makers and ask them for detailed reports and get them to argue amongst themselves too. . . . .

Sponsored Links

Ehr,no. Good try. No they're meant as replacements for older cylinders of the same type and for installs where an unvented isn't suitable or desired or simply as part of a traditional set for luddites that don't want a combi.

Horses for courses and all that.

Not everyone is obsessed with heat loss and efficiency ;)

why don't you write to all the cylinder makers and ask them for detailed reports and get them to argue amongst themselves too. . . . .

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:confused: I've got a vented cylinder with the factory foam on it... and one and a half of those red jackets on top, because I had them from the previous cylinder when it started to leak.

with climaflex on all the pipes in there, the airing cupboard is as warm as an eskimo's snout.

:confused: I've got a vented cylinder with the factory foam on it... and one and a half of those red jackets on top, because I had them from the previous cylinder when it started to leak.

I went one better and filled the cupboard with polystrene granules.

Thats until it started leaking!

Tony

This thread is the most mentalist thread eva.

I'll see your granules and raise you a duvet a duck feathered one at that :LOL:

see you and raise you a hypoallengenic 100% polyester 13.5 tog kingsize :LOL:

Trump ya both and call on Dr Drivel to introduce sludge buckets, sorry glenhill stores :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back