Fine Bladed Turf Grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a good quality turf with fine bladed grass. I have re-turfed the rear garden but the grass is a bit too coarse for the front I am looking to do now.

Can anyone suggest a brand I can look for locally or a supplier in the North Worcestershire area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All turf suppliers will at the very least do a non-ryegrass option which will be much finer and thicker than a general purpose type.

It will not be as hard wearing (i.e. no football) but will make a denser nicer lawn.

Thanks for the reply. I will have a look around. I had a look at the website of the turf for the back lawn but I think that I have the quality version they off - both seem to use the same mix of rye and fescue.

Rolawn looks a bit pricey direct but I'm not sure if that is a delivered price. May be cheaper from a local outlet

Sponsored Links
A good turf grower should be able to supply what you are after or seed it and select the seed mix to your requirements. For a domestic lawn which will be played on or a bit of footie get a bit of rye in ther do not cut below 13mm in summer it will loof ok and do the job if you start to cut below 13mm and scarify the rye will not tolerate this for long and atart to fade away giving the fescues the chance to expand ther cover hope this helps you are playing with nature no quick fix 35 years as a groundsman tells me this

Thanks Caveman, that might be worth a try! The lawn is not to be used as such so I would like a "nice" finish. The back lawn is OK as it it as I have a dog so a more hard-wearing surface is needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back