Finger tip pulse reader vers: Blood Pressure Monitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do these two have much in common, do they both do the same thing (ie: give info on the same things).?

Sponsored Links
I have a blood pressure monitor that also detects pulse.

Can be useful if you have a problem, but you need to keep a record so you spot the difference between "normal" and "not" and can see if there is a trend developing.

Mine loses its memory when the battery goes flat so I have the numbers and their dates on a post-it in the case. I have no need to use it regularly.

I also took it along to the doc when I had a checkup, to see if it displays (about) the same numbers as theirs (it does).

I've had fingertip monitors, particularly at high altitude, I think it was for oxygen content in the blood, so quite different.

I have had the fingertip monitors post op, the nurse said they are for blood gases, BP was always taken using a cuff

Sponsored Links
Finger monitors won't monitor blood pressure because if you have bad circulation, especially to your extremities, it will give a false reading.
The arm/wrist cuff is the only reliable method of measuring pressure as it is based on two readings.
GP's do not recommend the wrist cuff as it is not as accurate as the upper arm type.

Back