HANDY TIPS

S

Shutpa

I would reckon that most of our kids sleep in single beds and that most of those beds are covered with single duvets. My son was always restless in bed because the single duvet, being only an inch or two wider than the bed, was always slipping off. Tried using a double duvet and it was so successful that we have now replaced all of the singles with doubles and the doubles with king size. If your kids have the same problem and you have a spare double duvet, give it a try - you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.

Do you have any tips (sensible ones) that you think might make life easier for other members?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, we've got a kingsized duvet on a double bed; makes replacing the bedding rather more expensive but worth it in terms of the reduced number of duvet hogging fights. :D

Can't think of any handy tips of my own off the top of my head, I'm afraid.

If your kids have the same problem and you have a spare double duvet, give it a try - you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.
Have done the last 3yrs and it's a lot warmer
Do you have any tips (sensible ones) that you think might make life easier for other members?
I have stayed at many RIU Hotels and they have the king size bed 76" x 80" plenty of room ;) First thing I did when we got back from holiday was to measure our bedroom :LOL:

We just about got the king size in our bedroom the last 2yrs but had to take out the side cabinet to make it fit in, the best thing I've ever done & I'm sleeping like a log :D

ps: the king size bed can be sometime cheaper than the double bed :!:

Sponsored Links
I would reckon that most of our kids sleep in single beds and that most of those beds are covered with single duvets. My son was always restless in bed because the single duvet, being only an inch or two wider than the bed, was always slipping off. Tried using a double duvet and it was so successful that we have now replaced all of the singles with doubles and the doubles with king size. If your kids have the same problem and you have a spare double duvet, give it a try - you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.

could i have your singles :LOL: or are they your new pillows :LOL:

or better still, make your bed smaller ! Saves buying a new duvet, and i reckon if you put a question on the woodworking section, they'd tell you how to cut down all them slats evenly?
:eek:

could i have your singles :LOL: or are they your new pillows :LOL:

Thanks for that 3L's, you have just made me realise that my loft needs a clean out. Eleven duvets, 7 sleeping bags, almost a full teabox of Lego, 40 Transformer toys, 3 computers, 2 monitors, 3 portable TV's, 13 years of the kids primary school work and lots, lots more. Tomorrow, first stop the Red Cross, second stop the skip!

First stop eBay!!! I have a pal who collects old Transformers, original ones can sell for £100's He paid about £600 for one a few years ago :eek:

Lego is also v collectable.

First stop eBay!!! I have a pal who collects old Transformers, original ones can sell for £100's He paid about £600 for one a few years ago :eek:
I've got a couple of old transformers if he's interested? 12 and 6 volts.

Lego is also v collectable.

I was on the point of taking all of it to the Red Cross when I read your reply. Thanks to you our holiday next year is all but paid for.

Sponsored Links
Back