Spouses annoying habits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After much deliberation, I have decided that of my wifes' many annoying habits the one that gets up my nose the most is the fact that she will not get out of bed on a morning. I'm always out of bed and downstairs first making coffee and preparing breakfasts. My wife then thinks it's o.k to supervise our two kids getting ready for school from the comfort of our bed. At 9 and 6, getting ready for school is hardly a priority to them. Inevitably it all ends up in a shouting match with people dashing around trying to sort themselves out at the last minute. I just think that a lot of grief could be avoided if she would just drag her backside out of her pit.
Anyone else got a partner with a habit that drives you up the wall?

Sponsored Links
Ohhhhhh Solo, you have done it now, you have opened the biggest can of worms that I can find.......

Hmmmmm, Now where do I start......

Hubby puts up a new curtain pole, wifey (me) says, darling its not straight, FFs, there's nothing wrong with it!!!!, Wifey shuts the f*** up.

Wifey's friend comes round a couple of days later, her eyes are everywhere( U know what wimmen are like) :rolleyes:

'OI, Andy (hubbys name) that curtain rail aint straight', hubby looks at it, 'ah really?, Oh.. the wall is out' :evil:

Had a patio put down, so wanted a nice stone wall along the edge of it, I came home from work, slabs hadnt been put in yet, but wall was up, straight away I could see it wasnt straight, I said to Oh, 'that wall aint straight', 'FFs' he said, 'how can you tell, the slabs are not down yet!!' 'I'm telling you the ferking wall aint straight'!!!!

Anyway I left it, a few days later the guys came round to lay the slabs, again I was at work, cam home, and yes, you'v guessed, the ferking wall was wonky, and it looked much much worse with the slabs down.

But Oh would not admit he messed up. :rolleyes:

And that is what annoys me about him, is when he knows he is in the wrong, he will still not hold his hands up and say... I'm wrong

Well I have been thinking for 30 mins and ive come up with this one, everytime i make her a cup of tea she always leaves an inch of tea at the bottom she never drinks it all :!: maybe it stems from her childhood when tea bags wernt in existence and more often than not she used to get a mouthful of loose tea :)

what i do find ammusing is when she goes clothes shopping, last week she spent an hour in M & S in marble arch but came out and said " they dont have anything there " :D :eek: ditto at Selfrdges :D she then went to local M & S last Sunday .. same again :!: yesterday she went back and came back with 8 new tops/ skirts /trs :!: " oh they must have had a delivery" she said :eek:

anyway, why do women need to buy new gear to go on holiday and then dont wear it :!: :?:

Sponsored Links
A friend once said the worse thing about his first spouse was that she managed to find her way to the church for their wedding.

unwrapping the washing tablets (both dishwasher and washing machine ones) and leaving them on the work surface, despite there being a bin in the kitchen and a bin in the toilet next door to washing machine.
I even bought a tiny bin to put on work top in utility for said wrappers and any tissues etc when emptying pockets in dirty washing etc.

Still he leaves them on the top then if the back door is opened, they get wafted onto the floor and are left there. :rolleyes:

I annoy him by using his socks.

and his razors

and running back into house as Ive forgotten something after we are all in the car and he has just set off and he has to turn the engine off and give me the keys because I havent got my house key with me.
I promise to be quick, just getting sunglasses for example but then I quickly put a load of washing in and maybe change my shoes and... he parps the horn and ...

and doing my hair and makeup in the kitchen and being in the way of everyone trying to get their breakfast.
he wonders why kettle is taking so long to boil then realises its because Ive unplugged it to plug in my hair straighteners....
He twines, Of all the places in the house to get ready!!! etc etc

:oops:

Well I can’t think of anything to criticize about my wife except it means I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.
Trying again now she does insist on getting up first to make me a cuppa, I’m such a light sleeper and wake up about an hour before she does, so I lie there thinking of all the problems to be sorted out during the day.
But in reality don’t have any problems because....

.... she sorts things out while I’m still worrying about them :) known me for over 65 years so on auto-pilot anyway by now very probably.

When you fall off the sofa for a quick pee and find the lazy devil has left the sink unusably blocked with a pile of dirty dishes...
:confused:

wet dishclothes :evil: can't stand picking up the cold wet dishcloth :evil: wring the flipping thing out .

mine has some, but shes my wife and i love her, so they add to her character; besides they are for me to know about and not air in public. I am a gentleman! ;)

Thermo said:
mine has some, but shes my wife and i love her, so they add to her character; besides they are for me to know about and not air in public. I am a gentleman! ;)

dont tell us she is looking over your shouldered as you typed this

:)

A short while after getting married an ad was placed in the local paper....

Complete Encyclopedia Britanica for sale...

Just married - not required anymore...

Wife knows f*cking everything!

Any annoying habits?... :LOL:

empip said:
When you fall off the sofa for a quick pee and find the lazy devil has left the sink unusably blocked with a pile of dirty dishes.. :confused:
You know it's true. ;)
Thermo said:
mine has some, but shes my wife and i love her, so they add to her character; besides they are for me to know about and not air in public. I am a gentleman!
FFS man! Thermo, I'm disgusted with ya!

Sponsored Links
Back