Parents no longer referred to as mum & dad in school.

The show pony went to new heights of giddyness by all accounts last night.

Sponsored Links
I’m sure the teacher in question has fed dud information that it’s policy to call every parent that.

My better half works at a school in L21 buddy…so I can assure you that legal guardian, primary carer, mum, dad, grandma, etc are all used.

If in doubt, you would not call any person a role that you weren’t sure they were. Ie calling the mum’s boyfriend dad by mistake for example.::
Think Conny is referring to 40 odd years ago. He's not saying that's what it's like in Liverpool today.
Most schools will use common sense and use
legal guardian, primary carer, mum, dad, nanny & grandad

Giver! who ever thought of that one?
I am referring to around 40 years in the case of my own children. In the case of my grandchildren I'm thinking as recently as 2015-16
@kingandy2nd, if I remember correctly, L21 is the Crosby area, maybe Seaforth? I lived in L4 by Goodison Park and both my children, (and grandchildren), went to school in that area. Never came across this before. My eldest grandchild, here in East Anglia, has been at nusery/pre school and now main school for the past 5+ years and it has never been said before.

It just seemed quite rude at the time because she knows my granddaughters full name and her mums surname is the same. So why ask who the primary care giver is? We are moving into a world that is becoming more alien to me as the years pass.

Last edited:
. So why ask who the primary care giver is? We are moving into a world that is becoming more alien to me as the years pass.
Times are changing, as they always have done.

Home and family arrangements are changing too. Mum and dad and 2 kids in 1 house is no longer the 'norm'

Sponsored Links
That's another lie of yours.
You do that a lot.
I don't lie. That's a false slur. You do that a lot.
Please find a real example of me lying.

Another lie;it was a guesstimate (pretty close, as it happens).
And you counted them yourself, to correct me.
I didn't need to count my own posts. You told me it was 9.
You said it was 9, I made another post, by all that's mathmatically true, 1+9 is 10.
:rolleyes:

Back