Parents no longer referred to as mum & dad in school.

50 years from now they will look back in amazement that we openly used descriptions like male, female, mum, dad, brother, sister.
You think I'm wrong?
You sitting there laughing at my assertion?
I'd assert 50 years ago they wouldn't have believed where we are now around all this stuff.
50 years ago, it was acceptable, even humerous to use racist, disabilty, mental health, homosexual terms because it was the done thing, at that time.
65 years ago, any males on the street in the daytime were suspected of being unemployed.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, what are those foster kids whining about. Bloody snowflakes.

My wife took our granddaughter to school today as her young baby brother is in hospital.
My wife explained who she was and why she was bringing L to school and she, or I, may be picking her up tonight.
The teacher asked who was L's Primary Care Giver? So my wife said, "Oh, what is her mums name? It's A** D*****."
The teacher replied, "We don't call them mum and dad anymore, as some children are fostered and it could make them feel unwanted."
WTF?????

When we told our daughter she was livid! She said this particular teacher was new this term so, as a parent governor, she will be raising this with the Head Governor tomorrow morning.

Where do these people get the idea, they can just start at a new school and introduce their rules/views on how things should be done?
When I used to take school letters home for signing - like trips, it always said “parent / legal guardian”

I think you are trying to make something that isn’t there

My mum come to help at school a few afternoons a week in my class sometimes.

Mrs Mcdonald said I had to address my mum as Mrs Bod.

Never did I call my mum Mrs Bod. It was Mum.

Her husband also worked at the school. She always called him Ronald and Not by his surname..

Bloody snowflake Mc flurry

Sponsored Links
When I used to take school letters home for signing - like trips, it always said “parent / legal guardian”

Maybe they thought such an ugly child would have parents who hung around after the birth.

50 years ago, it was acceptable, even humerous to use racist, disabilty, mental health, homosexual terms because it was the done thing, at that time.
65 years ago, any males on the street in the daytime were suspected of being unemployed.
That has absolutely no relevance to my point. I can't be bothered to start typing why because you're one of those forum members where things just go round and round and round.

That has absolutely no relevance to my point. I can't be bothered to start typing why because you're one of those forum members where things just go round and round and round.
It has as much revalance as your post, and I was almost agreeing with you, except for your last sentence.
And as you can't think of a reason why you consider my post irrelvant to yours, allow me to explain to you, so then you'll know how and why it was relevant
50 years from now they will look back in amazement that we openly used descriptions like male, female, mum, dad, brother, sister.
You think I'm wrong?
You sitting there laughing at my assertion?
I'd assert 50 years ago they wouldn't have believed where we are now around all this stuff.

An increasing drive to become ever more vanilla so as not to offend the <1% in whatever group might possibly be offended.
I was showing in more detail how things can change in 50 years, althougn your mother, father, brother, sister, etc details are a bit far fetched.

But to come to the point of the revelance: your last point was very wrong.
I mentioned some details of the changes, e..g. micky taking based on disability words. About 24% of UK is living witha disability of some sort,
How many people have a disability? The latest estimates from the Department for Work and Pensions' Family Resources Survey indicate that 16.0 million people in the UK had a disability in the 2021/22 financial year. This represents 24% of the total population.

I think you'll agree that's a tad more than <1%.

Homosexuality is over 3% of those declaring themselves gay. Again that's a fair bit more than <1%.

Ethnicity: About 18% of UK population is non-white.
And these are just a few of the categories that were previously abused, as in, it was acceptable 50 years ago.
So without a doubt your argument of trying to appease less than 1% of the population is ludicrous, misrepresentative and wildly inaccurate.
You must have some other very minor change in mind that has occured over the last 50 years.

It was legal guardian when I was a sprog too. (y)

The teachers should know which children are not living with their parents, (for whatever reason), and find out before hand, maybe through the childs social worker, how the individual child refers to their guardian. Some may call them mum/dad, others may call them by their forename and others may yet call them by Mrs/Mr &&&&&.
The point I am getting at is, teachers/schools should not change their policies/rules without discussions through the governing body and without consultation with parents/guardians to hear their views.
It’s the second week of the new school @conny, how do you expect teachers to know all the kids names yet, let alone their circumstances at home?

Where my other half teaches, most of the class don’t have a mum and dad in their lives. Some have neither.

Primary carer term would be used if the teacher didn’t know the situation, but using mum or dad or other isn’t banned if they know who’s who.

Seems a really odd thing to get offended about mate.

I don't know what was wrong with Legal Guardian. Who thinks "we need a new word(s)"

I don't know what was wrong with Legal Guardian. Who thinks "we need a new word(s):
If the nanny takes the kids to school, thye're not the legal guardian. But they are the care givers.

The teacher replied, "We don't call them mum and dad anymore,

This is as much Connys point. Really why would you not call them mum & dad if they are your mum and dad.?

If the nanny takes the kids to school, thye're not the legal guardian. But they are the care givers.

If I say my Dad is tye legal guardian for that day then he is the legal Guardian for thst day. He's not a Giver.

Sponsored Links
Back