Parents no longer referred to as mum & dad in school.

And he's not the one that needs to resort to abuse. :rolleyes:
Sometimes my level of despair offers no other option.

I could spend all day writing about why he is wrong, but the effort would be wasted.

He is an idiot.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes my level of despair offers no other option.

I could spend all day writing
I think you're trying to be clever, and it isn't working.
Never mind, perhaps the level of abuse might carry the argument. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
And you wouldn't be able to spend so much time, nor have so much fun following all my posts. ;)

A flick of the finger, and the threads just whizz by. No reading - especially of your unnecessarily weighty verbiage - here (y)

In other words....
Don't flatter yourself.

A flick of the finger, and the threads just whizz by. No reading - especially of your unnecessarily weighty verbiage - here (y)

In other words....
Don't flatter yourself.
Yet here you are, reading and digesting my comment.
You can't respond to my comment, and claim that you don't read them.
Well you can, and you did, but you must realise that both concepts are contradictory. (y)

It may have happened where you are, but it certainly didn't happen in my childrens/grandchildrens' schools back in Liverpool during the 80's, or at any time since.
I’m sure the teacher in question has fed dud information that it’s policy to call every parent that.

My better half works at a school in L21 buddy…so I can assure you that legal guardian, primary carer, mum, dad, grandma, etc are all used.

If in doubt, you would not call any person a role that you weren’t sure they were. Ie calling the mum’s boyfriend dad by mistake for example.::

Think Conny is referring to 40 odd years ago. He's not saying that's what it's like in Liverpool today.
Most schools will use common sense and use
legal guardian, primary carer, mum, dad, nanny & grandad

Giver! who ever thought of that one?

Last edited:
Yet here you are, reading and digesting my comment.
You can't respond to my comment, and claim that you don't read them.
Well you can, and you did, but you must realise that both concepts are contradictory. (y)

Read the one in which you quoted me (triggers an alert), skim the rest.

It's very simple.

Like I said, don't flatter yourself (y)

In other words....
Don't flatter yourself.

Read the one in which you quoted me (triggers an alert), skim the rest.

It's very simple.

Like I said, don't flatter yourself (y)
An alert doesn't oblige you to read it. But you do, then you claim you don't.
In addition you've obviously been counting my posts.
I'd call that an unhealthy obsession.

It may have happened where you are, but it certainly didn't happen in my childrens/grandchildrens' schools back in Liverpool during the 80's, or at any time since.

Think Conny is referring to 40 odd years ago. He's not saying that's what it's like in Liverpool today.
Most schools will use common sense and use
legal guardian, primary carer, mum, dad, nanny & grandad

Giver! who ever thought of that one?

Pretty sure Conny’s last few words claim it’s still like that now. But that’s the point, it’s a turn of phrase interpretation of a comment…just like the original comment of the teacher that the subject of this thread.

Regarding the care giver, I would hazard a guess it’s because there’s lots of non-standard family arrangements nowadays. Divorced parents with shared (but not joint) custody, grandparents that look after kids while parents are elsewhere but it never gets documented by social services, etc etc

Sponsored Links
Back