Yummy Mummy Woes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yummy mummies are being targeted by councils for parking illegally outside schools and rightly so.

You can see the picture....

....glamorous mom in her Chelsea tractor 4x4, plastered in make-up and swimming in perfume, dresses up to the nines, does not want Chantelle and Jordan to have to walk far and neither does she, so she conveniently shoves her BMW onto the zig-zag no parking area and merrily trots her darlings off to school.

Lazy bint! My wife has often walked our kids to school even when piddling it down. Some mummies can't walk more than 50 yards.

Fine 'em I say.

Read more.

Sponsored Links
The spy cameras work, I got fined £30 for stopping on the school markings for 10 seconds. I paid straight away, I was at fault. But guess what, I won't do it again.

Andy

I am lucky, as I live round the corner from my lads' primary.

But I have a laugh every morning as I see cars going round and round the block looking for a space, when they can park on our road and walk a couple of minutes. If they did that they'd be away much quicker!

Some do stop on the zig zags, but now some mornings there's a warden there, taking numbers down.

Yea they should pick ‘em up in the buggy and take ‘em shoplifting on the way home like other mums do, it’s called spending quality time together.
:D

It ain’t just yummy mummies plenty of clapped out old bangers (cars not mums) outside schools too.
What bugs me are the number of kids not restrained in cars, if the little beggars will not belt up then they don’t go anywhere end of! :unsure:

Sponsored Links
I would think that most drivers are aware that if you decide to do a drop off or are even mad enough to park on zig-zags, then you are likely to get in trouble.

I just find the arrogance of such people astonishing as if they are trying to say, "not bovvered about the safety of others so long as I get done what I want to get done."

Quite right. It's just selfishness and laziness.

The trouble is that many of these 'yummy mummies' are so rich that they don't give a toss if they get a parking fine, so long as they can take Tarquin and Chantelle into school whilst showing off their BMW to the other parents.

Now if they started clamping and towing away, things might change.

Surely all the proof John D needs that swift justice prevails.
John, 'Immediate and certain' has nothing to do with deterrent working or failing.

Deterrent does not depend on getting nicked in 15 minutes or twenty days.

Surely you're not suggesting it does.????

Of course it does.

I am stunned that you think it doesn't.

;) ;) ;) We should flood all zigzag markings outside schools with police officers now. (meanwhile, just round the corner, someone's being murdered,,, further along a bank is being robbed. Ahh well the cops can't be everywhere at once) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thought it was 3 point and a fine for parking on zig zags if the cops see you? No matter how rich they are, if they continue doing it the chelsea tractor wont be any good to them without a licence.

The spy cameras work, I got fined £30 for stopping on the school markings for 10 seconds. I paid straight away, I was at fault. But guess what, I won't do it again.

Andy

So if you know you're certain to be caught, you are deterred?

Still , the certainty of getting caught, doesn't deter rapists, does it? In this day and age DNA and forensics means there's a greater chance of being caught, yet rapists still rape. There's still a rather large difference between mum parking her car on zigzags/double yellows and rapists, murderers etc. Can you still not see this ?

what percentage of reported rapes do you think result in a conviction?

what percentage of rapists do you think consider themselves to be criminals during the act?

I doubt that people are deterred by being caught, just like those that repeatedly speed and end up losing their licence.

People do not like being fined though especially rich people.

However, those people who are selfish enough to deliberately endanger the lives of children are not likely to learn lessons quickly.

when you see someone speeding, don't they slow down to avoid overtaking a traffic police car?
That's not the same as being deterred by being caught John and is a poor analogy.

Motorists are renowned for repeat offending and is the reason why so many motorists have more than one speeding ticket.

Sponsored Links
Back