Yummy Mummy Woes.

deterred by the certainty of being caught.

Sponsored Links
deterred by the certainty of being caught.
Well yes, if you were certain that someone was watching then you would deffo be deterred.

For instance, there are few people who would illegally park if a traffic warden was patrolling in plain view.

What's your point? Bear in mind that I don't slavishly follow other threads that bore me.

I am referring to the fact that what deters criminals, is not the potential severity of sentence, but the certainty, and immediacy, of retribution.

The prospect of a "maybe, one day" severe consequence has little deterrent effect.

The prospect of a "certainly, today" consequence has great deterrent effect.

The prospect of a "certainly, today" consequence has great deterrent effect.
And how likely or how often is this scenario going to be in place? :confused:

Nothing is policed 24/7.

Never. So your analogy is pointless. There will always be an opportunity for someone to do something somewhere.

People will always park on zig-zags.

People will always set off speed cameras.

However, I do like the idea that they are now installing cameras on the zig-zags though. Make people think twice.

Sponsored Links
I saw one of those little scum bags a few weeks back, parked on a double yellow whilst eating his lunch. I wish I had had a camera with me.

Whilst I agree that mums parking illegally and generally causing traffic problems is wrong, I do think there are much more important issues to be sorted out - 24,000 people in Britain die every year from the cold weather.

Whilst I agree that mums parking illegally and generally causing traffic problems is wrong, I do think there are much more important issues to be sorted out
So you think that endangering the lives of children is Ok?

Are you sick?

Are you sick?

Hmmm Do you think that police time is better spent,,
A, ensuring parents don't park on zigzags ?

or

B catching murderers, rapists and all manner of serious criminals ?

I'm glad your not one of these elected Police Commissioners.

Hmmm Do you think that police time is better spent.
Now just remind me of the subject of the post.....?

Thats it! Councils are going to be using cameras to deter illegal parking in order to save money.

Nowt to do with police you dummy. :rolleyes:

Whilst I agree that mums parking illegally and generally causing traffic problems is wrong, I do think there are much more important issues to be sorted out

Are you sick?

Strange reply :rolleyes:

Exactly what I thought. Obviously not a parent eh Squarky.

Why do you get so annoyed? Really don't want to get personal with you.

Not annoyed more startled at your glaring ignorance and naivety particularly when you say stuff like this....
I do think there are much more important issues to be sorted out - 24,000 people in Britain die every year from the cold weather.

Sponsored Links
Back