Yummy Mummy Woes.

Ignorance - So do you think the Councils are getting involved because they care about little Johnny crossing the road? If they cared, they would have built a parking area. All they care about is raking in the fines. It seems the answer to every problem in this country is a fine, instead of curing the problem in the first place.

Obviously I wouldn't want any child to come to any harm. But I also understand why parents would want to collect their children from school. Whether they drive a 4X4 BMW (and I know what you mean about BMW drivers) or a Yugo makes no difference.

Sponsored Links
No, i don't think the councils care about individual cases.

What the councils do care about though is money. Have you any idea of the financial implications of a child being knocked down outside a school?

What the councils would like to do is not spend money on justified or indeed frivolous claims and spend it on heating pensioners so that they don't catch the flu and die.

Incidentally, out of those 24000 people who could potentially die this winter, how many of them would still die even if they received a heating allowance?

Jeepers you are so naive.

Trying to get back on track!!

Perhaps the schools should adopt a policy of naming and shaming the parents at the school entrance with pictures of bad parking being posted up A3 size laminated so that everyone can have a good 'tut tut' at these people. Peer pressure may then prevail and these people smarten their act up.

When I did the school run to the infants school with my kids it was a mile each way, we cycled in the good weather walked most of the time and only took the car (a 4x4) when it was tipping it down or I had to go onto shopping which was too far to walk to.

The amount of cars parked on corners, outside peoples dropped curbs, on the zig zags and generally everywhere they shouldn't be was staggering.

We have moved since and the walk is now 1/2 mile and the other half walks them most days but uses the car on pick up after school when they are going to clubs etc.

The parking hasn't improved, in fact one guy parks on the pavement at a junction to cross the road, I know for a fact that he lives about 500 yards from our house!!!

I am sick of the 4x4 bashing though, these people drive and park badly and will do so in any car regardless of size and how many wheels are being driven!!

I suspect the attitude may be, "Well everybody else does it, so why shouldn't I?"

I think the only solution is to station a copper, PCSO or traffic warden outside these schools on a regular basis. It would only be for half-an-hour or so each morning and each afternoon. After several people have been prosecuted, and word gets round, it could even be done less frequently.

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean about BMW drivers) or a Yugo makes no difference.

I had a Yugo once, still trying to live it down, everything rubber fell apart, wonder if they made condoms :cry:

We have trouble with our local junior school but part of the problem is so many local schools are closed to make "super" schools that kids have to travel a long way. The village school we have was started with a hundred or so pupils, it now has six times that, suprise suprise the local residents are constantly complaining about congestion at school run times.

My wife told me about the Chelsea Tractor driver at the school in Sutton Coldfield (where she was dropping off her charges), loudly remonstrating with the headmaster about the lack of space to abandon her vehicle in.

"I live there", she went, pointing at her house, "and I have had to park all the way up there", she carried on, pointing in the opposite direction, but even further away. When the headmaster pointed out that she'd have been better off walking in the first place, he was told to "not get clever with me!"

At the end of the day, I stopped on the school markings for 10 seconds and got fined, I WON'T DO IT AGAIN!

So it works, fine the people who break the law....easy.

Andy

My wife told me about the Chelsea Tractor driver at the school in Sutton Coldfield (where she was dropping off her charges), loudly remonstrating with the headmaster about the lack of space to abandon her vehicle in.

"I live there", she went, pointing at her house, "and I have had to park all the way up there", she carried on, pointing in the opposite direction, but even further away. When the headmaster pointed out that she'd have been better off walking in the first place, he was told to "not get clever with me!"

:D :D :D :D
Maybe they should get some of those monkeys from the safari parks and let 'em loose at school run time ripping off wipers and vinyl roofs.

I am sick of the 4x4 bashing though
True. The bashing should be fairly distributed amongst all purchasers of ridiculous cars with their silly PNP's.

Pro' footballers and those that blindly follow their chavvy example (wags included) are amongst those that should receive the lions share of bashing.

There is just a perceived arrogance levied towards those that sit higher than you in the road. 4X4 users are a prime example and epitomise the "look at me" brigade.

It has nothing to do with the car, these people are bad drivers and ignorant regardless of what they drive, the modern day sense of entitlement runs throughout the whole of society.

Why pick on someone because of their personal choice, I wouldn't pick on someone because they chose to buy a BMW and the perception of the people that drive these cars.

I see it as the politics of envy, people want something that they see others have but are afraid of the stigma that is attached to it so then heap more scorn onto it.

If we all drove mini's and focus's and lived in the same size houses with the same amount of kids and pets watching the same tv programs and voting the same party in all the time then life would be very dull.

I would never park either of my cars outside a school on the zig zags they're there for a reason and I would never block a drive nor remonstrate with someone because I had to walk a few hundred yards, these people are petty minded morons and their cars have nothing to do with their personalities they are just cars.

I am sick of the 4x4 bashing though
True. The bashing should be fairly distributed amongst all purchasers of ridiculous cars with their silly PNP's.

Pro' footballers and those that blindly follow their chavvy example (wags included) are amongst those that should receive the lions share of bashing.

There is just a perceived arrogance levied towards those that sit higher than you in the road. 4X4 users are a prime example and epitomise the "look at me" brigade.

I agree. It's not a coincidence that, whenever I see a BMW, nine times out of ten it will be being driven aggressively.

Yes, I think the type of car someone drives says a lot about them.

I drive a Skoda Fabia.

OK JBR what does my battered 13yrs old Land Rover Discovery say about me??

At the end of the day, I stopped on the school markings for 10 seconds and got fined, I WON'T DO IT AGAIN!

So it works, fine the people who break the law....easy.

Andy

I got fined years ago because my rear wheel was touching the zig zags (Not outside a school, I was buying some chips :LOL: ) but the copper who took my details had the nerve to park fully across the zebra crossing.

The spy cameras work, I got fined £30 for stopping on the school markings for 10 seconds. I paid straight away, I was at fault. But guess what, I won't do it again.

Andy

I didn't realize you were a "yummy mummy" :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back