Guests

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week I had my partner's sister and her husband staying. They are from Tenerife, in their early fifties and, speak very little English.
I found it a very difficult week.
I have two empty bedrooms upstairs, a small single bed room and a bigger double room. But, the big bed was in the small room and vice versa. So, I decided to put the bigger bed in the bigger room to make it more comfy for them. I also had to buy a new double size downie for the bed because the one I had was 13.5 tog. I bought a new 4.5 tog goose down thing at considerable expense, so that they would be more comfy.
On seeing the room with the single bed had a telly, the wife decided she was going to sleep in that room. But after two nights and not being able to get anything understandable on the telly, she decided to sleep in the bigger bed with her husband.
When I came down for breakfast one morning, I found that she was already downstairs eating and had used five teaspoons already. I had tidied up before going to bed and put all the cutlery away, only to find it all over the place again.
Don't get me started on the toilet paper. I had a spare roll in the toilet cabinet and two more spares in the bedroom cupboard. They all disappeared within the space of three days. I didn't realise because unknown to me, she had found the spare rools in the bedroom cupboard and had been changing them herself. So, when I saw that the roll in the bathroom was finished and went to replace it, there were no spares left.
I'm just having a rant here but I'm glad to see the back of them.
Am I being unreasonable and how do others feel about having visitors?

Sponsored Links
I am single and live alone. Thankfully I don't need to put up with any sh1t like this.

You have my sympathies :)

All part of family life I’m afraid - comes with the partner and you can’t blame them either. Sometimes for the sake of harmony, you've just gotta grit your teeth and get on with it. Go with the flow. Chillax, they’re gone now. :cool:

Sponsored Links
5 teaspoons and some bog roll and horror of horror they don't speak english being spanish...how dare they speak their native tongue....Seeing as you living in Scotland how is the Gaelic going...'s e an grinch am film as fheàrr leat

We have seen (sons') girlfriends come and go. They are a welcome. But you can't help noticing some are more needy than others.

A few years ago we had my old boss from when I worked in Australia along with Mrs boss stay with us for a few days, all seemed ok, had trips to Hadrians Wall and into Scotland, a few walks locally, then a couple of years later they stayed again, Mrs boss expressed a liking for the Brontes so off to Haworth we went, she moaned about the length of journey (2 hours), we called at a cafe in Haworth for a snack, when the soup & sandwiches arrived she stormed out because it wasnt a proper soup spoon.
During this time Mr boss spent hours playing on his phone in company
Third visit, Mrs boss lost her reading glasses and spent hours phoning various places we had visited, then retracing our steps on a walk we had done, they were discovered in our car some weeks later

They are due a visit this year :rolleyes:

5 teaspoons and some bog roll and horror of horror they don't speak english being spanish...how dare they speak their native tongue....Seeing as you living in Scotland how is the Gaelic going...'s e an grinch am film as fheàrr leat
As I can speak enough Spanish to get by, it wasn't a problem for me. It's when they get on a bus or want to order food, watch telly etc.
My Gaelic lessons are coming along fine, thanks. Here's an example just for you; Pòg mo thòin.

Three rolls of toilet paper gone in three days, good gawd man what have you been feeding them? :ROFLMAO:
We only had breakfast in the house in the morning, for the most part we ate out. And as we were hardly ever in the house, I don't know how it was possible to go through four bog rolls in seven days. Also, we went a bus tour for three nights (five days away) so four rolls in three days. Maybe they used it as streamers trailing from the bus windows.

We only had breakfast in the house in the morning, for the most part we ate out. And as we were hardly ever in the house, I don't know how it was possible to go through four bog rolls in seven days. Also, we went a bus tour for three nights (five days away) so four rolls in three days. Maybe they used it as streamers trailing from the bus windows.
Never thought I'd be typing this on a forum, however some folk use copious amounts of toilet roll whether doing mini pee or mega dump! I remember it being discussed on a tv prog once where folk were to show how they use toilet paper. Whereas some tore off 3-4 sheets, others literally wound multiple sheets around their hand (which then looked like a mummies hand!) before tearing off. If you're doing that each time, a roll will soon go.

Sponsored Links
Back