Dog's and beds

I can't understand the current fad for designer mongrels at premium prices.

I was bitten by a dog (my fault) as a child, and was generally wary of all dogs after. Wanted to get a (smallish) dog for our family when our boys were young. Much research by my wife via books in the library later, we got a young Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from a breeder who was a Dog Show Judge of the breed.
The CKCS is a wonderful breed, although they have known physical problems that any good potential owner will find out via research into them. Even they can be aggressive and snappy if taught to be that way by the owner.

ALWAYS go to responsible breeders and see Mum and (probably) older generations of the line at their home with the pup(s).

Sponsored Links
Settled on a whippet as a compromise. Other half wanted a sausage dog I said can we please have something where legs are not an optional extra.

Here's my dog's bed. As soon as I sit on the floor in front of the fire to watch telly she curls up beside me, it's great.
20231126_220824.jpg

Sponsored Links
Years ago, our dog (Susie 2) would squeeze in between me and the gas fire when I used to lay on the floor in front of it. Of course, it got too hot for her so she would try to push me back. I wouldn’t move but she would hold out until we could literally smell singeing fur and then she would yelp and finally move!

Here's my dog's bed. As soon as I sit on the floor in front of the fire to watch telly she curls up beside me, it's great.

That looks as if it is laid partially on you. Our dog, insists on a cuddle on the settee from Avril, then one from me, she(dog) is then quite content to lay on her own the rest of the time, except when she wants to play ball. She used to be much more inlined to jump up alongside you, she would never move from my side, than now. Now she asks if she can get up.

I'm still trying to work out why she carefully avoids sleeping on her bed, preferring the bedroom carpet during the night. We keep moving her bed, to where on the carpet, she last slept, but she still manages to avoid it.

Had the new pooch less than a week. Currently siting in the emergency vet having her made sick to vomit up the Christmas cake she stole off the floor. Fortunately we got the injection within an hour of her eating it.

Had the new pooch less than a week. Currently siting in the emergency vet having her made sick to vomit up the Christmas cake she stole off the floor. Fortunately we got the injection within an hour of her eating it.
Mrs Mottie has been on high alert recently with mince pies and Christmas pudding. Raisins/currants can kill a dog. DIL is a vets receptionist and they have lost dogs that have eaten just ONE raisin!

Yep. We thought we were over reacting calling the vet. But they got us to the nearest emergency vet that was just 5 mins drive, so the raisins were out within 30 - 40 mins. She is currently eating dog food mixed with charcoal but seems ok

Yep. We thought we were over reacting calling the vet. But they got us to the nearest emergency vet that was just 5 mins drive, so the raisins were out within 30 - 40 mins. She is currently eating dog food mixed with charcoal but seems ok
Well done. (y)

Has anyone got one of these.

I need to replace my Tempur mattress.

20231227_143717.jpg

While I wait these are my two little muckers

Last edited:
Mrs Mottie has been on high alert recently with mince pies and Christmas pudding. Raisins/currants can kill a dog. DIL is a vets receptionist and they have lost dogs that have eaten just ONE raisin!
Gosh I never realised they were that dangerous to dogs.

Sponsored Links
Back