Frog in the bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lady friend, on a visit, decided to go mad with vacuuming around the house, and moving the dog bed found the skeleton of a frog, no less. It was only a week after I had myself thoroughly vacuumed round, and had taken the bed outside to give it a shake - honest. The bed is in two separate layers, a memory foam bed, over an old quilt. What puzzles me, is how it ever got there?

Dog, when she asks to go out, goes out via the front door, and I let her in via the side/back door. Her bed is in the living room, at the front of the house - via the back door she would need to make her way along a short passage, through the kitchen, the hall, then to the far corner of the living room carrying the frog. I cannot see the frog hopping all that way into the house unnoticed, plus all the way in from the garden.

Sponsored Links
Dog picked up the already skeletal beast and brought it back.

Or you missed it last time?

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough many years ago, in the pouring rain, a frog hopped into out house as we were putting the dog out for a widdle. It was really hard to catch. Wouldn't stop hopping.

Funnily enough many years ago, in the pouring rain, a frog hopped into out house as we were putting the dog out for a widdle. It was really hard to catch. Wouldn't stop hopping.

I don't know where this might have originated, I have no ponds, and neither have the neighbours either side. We did have a pond decades ago, which had frogs, but that I filled in - I got fed up of rescuing kids from it ;)

I don't know where this might have originated, I have no ponds, and neither have the neighbours either side. We did have a pond decades ago, which had frogs, but that I filled in - I got fed up of rescuing kids from it ;)

I don't know where ours came from either. At that time we were living in a back to back terraced house on a main road and nobody around us had a pond.

Dog brought it in. They taste foul (I find), but die at the first bite. Just alive long enough to crawl away.

Hey your dog's a murderer:eek:.

I found a random toad under my floor when I was doing my flooring a while ago:

One very weird thing though - I had a floorboard up in the corner of the room and something moving caught my eye. Thinking it was a mouse, I got my torch and had a look for it under the boards. It wasn’t a mouse but a toad! A fair size toad too! I don’t know how the hell it got there and it’s as dry as a bone under the floor. Anyway, I reached down, took it out and set it free in my garden. Very strange!

They taste foul (I find)
I disagree. Look at this beauty I had in France a few years ago after a long ride on the bike. Legs, hips, the lot - all done in a nice herb and breadcrumb coating. It was the size of a small chicken. Look at the thighs!

3417E1C2-D35F-4BC9-9153-238D4C6A6BF2.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back