Dog's and beds

My dog is extremely cute looking and always attracts people, she is great with people but problem is she has a massive lead aggression issue and she can’t go near any other dog.
My Susie can be like that but only with dogs bigger than her. She was once attacked by a black Lab and another time by a GSD so she hates them and goes straight for them! The only time she will not even bother another dog is when I take her on a shoot. The minute she gets out of the car she immediately goes into working cocker mode and will happily trot alongside any of the Labradors.

Sponsored Links
I quite like some of the xxx-poodle breeds, but I hear Labradoodles are a bit challenged personality wise and high maintenance.

Cavapoos and cockapoos have lovely temperaments.

mind you I worked at a job where the clients had 2 cockapoos and one one them had a terrible obsession with throwing and retrieving. I made the mistake of throwing its half chewed tennis ball and it would not leave me alone, bl@@dy dog dropped the damn thing right in a pot of plaster I was mixing up.

My Susie can be like that but only with dogs bigger than her. She was once attacked by a black Lab and another time by a GSD so she hates them and goes straight for them! The only time she will not even bother another dog is when I take her on a shoot. The minute she gets out of the car she immediately goes into working cocker mode and will happily trot alongside any of the Labradors.
I can understand why Susie is like it.

My dog began being aggressive after she was spayed at 2 years old.

It is so unpredictable and the worst thing is she looks sweet and so people bring their dogs over and then the owner gives me a dirty look when she goes for their dog despite me warning them.

I think the problem is that it is a breed which hasn’t been domesticated for very long

she looks very much like this (that’s an image from the breeder we got her from, so is prob a relative)

Plushcourt-Capeta.jpg

Dont get a border collie either, they need a lot of mental stimulation.

I have mine do jigsaws and Rubik's Cube :cool:

I've been bitten by them :D

One which we had from just a few weeks old, would chew on me, when she was teething, she saw it as her right to do that. I have never been bitten by an adult dog. My present one, will make a feint at biting your nose, but it always turns to a lick. BC's are brought up, to nip the ankles of sheep, if the sheep are stubborn, they do sometimes make a feint at doing that.

If someone approaches her, and she senses they are timid, or doing anything suspicious, she will bark at them, but that quickly reverts to her being far too friendly. They are very, very clever, very quick to learn, quick to make friends, and they never forget people.

Actually bite - never.

Sponsored Links
She doesn’t like dogs with bad manners that run up to her, especially when she's on a lead. Doesn't like other dogs sniffing her bum either!

She was cornered in our house when you by a toddler of a friend and has always been wary of children and kept her distance. Got a lot better lately with our grandson always round dropping food everywhere although he knows not to mither her. One thing though, whenever we have been out and she has come up against a child or an adult with special needs, she will be drawn to them and actually lean against them and let them stroke her. She's always been like that, it’s uncanny.

Last edited:
mind you I worked at a job where the clients had 2 cockapoos and one one them had a terrible obsession with throwing and retrieving. I made the mistake of throwing its half chewed tennis ball and it would not leave me alone, bl@@dy dog dropped the damn thing right in a pot of plaster I was mixing up.

BC's are just like that, except this one looks at, and expects everyone around to congratulator her on a 'good catch'. When she brings it back, she forces your feet apart, to drop the ball by your heels, though if you hold your hand out, she will put it in your hand.

We rescued the Pitbull cross in my avatar when she was about 9 months old. We had her 14 years before cancer got the better of her. She was a great dog and I had to hand her over to a vet during lockdown to be pts. Sat in my van crying my eyes out over her when I could have been partying.

We have rescued an English Bulldog now.

All people smell. Dogs get used to it.

I corrected that! Dogs can follow the path taken by an individual, long after they took the path, simply following their smell. Playing hide and seek with a dog, is no contest - they quickly find you by smell. Hide a treat, out of their sight and reach, they will know it's there by the smell.

Jeez this all sounds like a big headache. Plus the way the dangerous dogs act is worded. You are totally screwed if your pooch kicks off.

It does not matter how well "you" control "your" dog, there will always be others who insist on letting their untrained, unruly annoying little scruffball come over to you off lead and antagonise your dog.

My Alfie used to be great fun, playing with other dogs etc. however far too many offlead little sheits coming up to us in the local park has turned him into a devil dog when another is near (50-100m is near to him).
Poos sod has not been allowed off lead in the park for many years, except for when I take him into the caged ball court (ignoring the no dog signs) and have some ball play, which now it's winter will not be a lot.

Simply do not get a dangerous dog, and make sure you do get what ever dog from a proper, reputable breeder - not a puppy farm.
A dangerous dog is any dog out of control not just specific breeds.

It’s not good legislation - owner is criminally responsible for the actions of the dog. Which. Imo goes too far.

A dangerous dog is any dog out of control not just specific breeds.

Though are some dogs breeds, which are more likely to be a problem, out of control.

It’s not good legislation - owner is criminally responsible for the actions of the dog. Which. Imo goes too far.

Who but the owner, might be responsible?

Sponsored Links
Back