Guests

Had a chap in the works building who regularly used large amounts of toilet paper. A years supply* would last about 6 months when he worked there, in the end the building boss 'requested' he brought his own supply in - that worked until the sewer pipe was blocked with his 'outpourings!

*B****y civil service rules stuff like had to be ordered after 6th April and delivered by 1st May for the year otherwise had to rely on the previous years supply. And if you were unlucky it was the horrible hard stuff>

Sponsored Links
And if you were unlucky it was the horrible hard stuff>
I remember working on a BT HQ building in the mid-1980s where every sheet of Izal had the text "Property of HM Postmaster General" printed neatly down the edge. The stuff was murderous on piles! Probably had so much left over from Post Office Telephones days because everyone took their own in

OT but years ago we were sitting in the office. It was a relatively small space with 3-4 separate offices so we all left our doors open so we could communicate with each other by shouting :) Our boss had the office at the end of the corridor.

One day a colleague hadn't been seen for a while. He burst into the department and headed for the bosses office. This is what we heard ...

Boss boss I need to go home!
Why?
I've shat myself!!

Needless to say our boss didn't argue with him :) She was convinced it was just an excuse, the type of excuse a boss can't really say no to!!

In the past few years I had a revelation: I don't engage with anyone who brings negativity in my life.
I blocked their contacts and told them when they phoned via other means.
My wife says I'm rude, but then she rolls her eyes when the negative people contact her.
I live a happy life without people moaning at every opportunity or peeing me off with their antics.
Some relatives and friends have been barred from my house, never to be let in again, although I still speak to them.

Sponsored Links
This is why I want to win lotto. Buy a few acres, build a 9 foot wall all around, keep the world out ... bliss.

The first thing many lottery/pools winners do is buy a big house with acres around it. Sanity is space around you seperating you from neighbours. Insanity is having them the other side of the wall. I agree with your post 100%. Having to listen to the dogs/kids/music/racket of ignorant, selfish plebs can bring on murderous thoughts.

I remember working on a BT HQ building in the mid-1980s where every sheet of Izal had the text "Property of HM Postmaster General" printed neatly down the edge. The stuff was murderous on piles! Probably had so much left over from Post Office Telephones days because everyone took their own in

Remember Izal from my primary school days. That stuff was rough. Didn't really remove much, just redistributed it. It was claimed to be 'medicated'. It fecking needed to be - because it ripped your 'arris to shreds. :eek:

Remember Izal from my primary school days. That stuff was rough. Didn't really remove much, just redistributed it. It was claimed to be 'medicated'. It fecking needed to be - because it ripped your 'arris to shreds. :eek:
Government toilet paper supplied to the RN used to be rough both sides. The WRNS complained it hurt so they made it smooth both sides. Jack complained it wouldn't grip the sh1t so they made it smooth one side and rough the other ;)

John Wayne toilet paper, its rough, tough and don't take sh!t from anybody.

Wilson’s report to Thomson explained that with soft paper, people’s “fingers would be virtually in contact with the faecal material” and so “until the routine washing of hands after defecation becomes a universal practice”, soft toilet tissue simply posed too great a risk to health. This explains why many people today remember hard toilet paper from institutions like schools!

The rest of this great article is here:

5 teaspoons and some bog roll and horror of horror they don't speak english being spanish...how dare they speak their native tongue....Seeing as you living in Scotland how is the Gaelic going...'s e an grinch am film as fheàrr leat

Regardless he doesn't speak Spanish and he never said they should speak English.
He just said it was hard work.

I'm just having a rant here but I'm glad to see the back of them.
Am I being unreasonable and how do others feel about having visitors?
Lucky you its over and done with. We have family coming this week, arrive mon and not going until wed. Neither me nor the wife are looking forward to it one little bit. Even worse, they're vegans (thats like an extreme vegitarrian) we're clueless as to what to feed them on.

Lucky you its over and done with. We have family coming this week, arrive mon and not going until wed. Neither me nor the wife are looking forward to it one little bit. Even worse, they're vegans (thats like an extreme vegitarrian) we're clueless as to what to feed them on.
I don't envy you one bit.
Hide the TV remote or he'll be sitting in YOUR chair, watching some garbage on YOUR TV with YOUR remote in his hand and the TV at full volume.
Lock the spare towels away too, or they'll all be in hanging over the door of the guest bedroom.

Had my mother over for a visit
I went away for a couple of days on a car thing

Whilst away her and her friend decided to get a skip in and clear rubbish out of the back garden
A sort of surprise for me !!! For when I came back

She threw all my scrap in the skip
Probably a grands worth

Said on the skip level load only so being a stickler for the rules she abided by the level load

Skip bloke turns up she explained to him that she may have to get another skip he asked her is it the same type of rubbish as is on skip

Yes she said

Well madam we can make an exception for you

My mother said he was decent kind man he even went to the trouble carrying the rubbish out to the skip for her

He was in a hurry and could not stop for a cup
Of tea but she gave him a tip

Sponsored Links
Back