Argos...

J

Johnmelad502

Took a call earlier this week from a chap moving into a rented bungalow today. Wanted me to quote for plumbing in a washer/dryer, and assemble some argos flat pack furniture. Visited the property yesterday and all I needed to do for the washing machine was connect it up as everything was already there.

The flat pack consisted of a double bed, two door wardrobe, two bedside tables and a chest of draws for the bedroom. For the spare room he wanted a desk and two three draw cabinets assembling.

Quoted for a days worker over two days.

The chap had to be out of the house by 10 am this morning for an appointment and would not be back until late afternoon. Asked me to be on the job from 10 am and await arrival of furniture and washer/dryer expected between 10:30 and 11:30.

Large Argos lorry eventually turned up at 13:30 with washer/dryer otherwise the lorry was empty.

The chap wanted the bed assembled as a priority as he would be sleeping in new property from today onward.

13:45, a Home Delivery van turned up with office furniture, no bed no bedroom furniture.

Plumed in machine and assembled office furniture. Chap was home as I was ready to leave at 16:00.

He phoned Argos who told him that there had been a problem with the bedroom furniture, and this could not now be delivered until Wednesday of next week.

What the F!!! sort of service is this, anyone had similar problems with delivery from Argos.

Am meeting matey for a pint later this evening and will drop odd one of my camp-beds.

Sponsored Links
I bet he looked at the cashier in argos like he had 2 heads when he was told it was home delivery only.

I used to work there. The look on some peoples faces when I told them that we dont keep beds or large furniture or huge TVs as a stock item in store . . . They'd get so annoyed, asking for the manager etc. I mean, look at the Argos cat, theres hundreds of large TVs, furniture etc, how could they keep all that in one store? And anyway, how would they get them home in their cinqucento? :cool:

I bet he looked at the cashier in argos like he had 2 heads when he was told it was home delivery only.

I used to work there. The look on some peoples faces when I told them that we dont keep beds or large furniture or huge TVs as a stock item in store . . . They'd get so annoyed, asking for the manager etc. I mean, look at the Argos cat, theres hundreds of large TVs, furniture etc, how could they keep all that in one store? And anyway, how would they get them home in their cinqucento? :cool:

He ordered them in-store four weeks ago for delivery today.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, that was me! The customers in Argos I found very impatient. Because they have to queue twice, of course, which is once too many in anyone's eyes. And when its busy they have to get the balance right between staff on tills and staff on pickup and warehouse, to keep the queues even and keep the customers in the 2nd queue to a minimum. Quickpay rocks though :LOL:

Back