Finish coat half done

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So after learning the hard way that it's A REALLY BAD IDEA not to wear safety goggles when plastering the ceiling, I am left with a ceiling with a dry first coat (ceiling was over-boarded) which has a few ridges from application that was interrupted during my need to seek medical advice for being a dumb ass.

I think that the only option I have is to use some sort of flush saw (such as my multi-tool) to remove the worst of of bumps and then skim directly onto the now dry first coat.

The question is, can I get away with this and do I need to PVA first given it's dry?

IMG_3248.JPG

Sponsored Links
I would say give it a pva ing let it go tacky then put a thin coat of bonding over it and then skim when bonding has firmed up. Depends on your skill level and wear goggles or safety glass's...

As you can see from the areas near the walls that I did before the plaster/gravity combination got the better of me, I was pretty well on top of it, as it were.

The trouble is if you look at where the window frame meets the ceiling, I'm in danger of plastering right down level to it, which I'd like to avoid and an extra bonding coat would probably make certain.

looks like plenty of room, your not putting half an inch of plaster on it!! That's about the depth of the top of the window by the look of your photo....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back