Finish wall behind bath? Or leave as bare brick?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the old plaster is proving stubborn to remove - yes, I could get it off if I have to, but it's wearing me down!

This bumpy bit is going to be behind a bath. So the wall does not need to be perfect, or finished at all...

My plan is to board the wall and tile, but rather than go to floor, can I just board from a little below the top of the bath level? Is there any reason / advantage to finishing the wall to the floor?

To add - I only have 700mm width, can't really go any wider, so might be handy if one edge of the bath is tucked under the board and tiles.

bath tiling.jpg

IMG_20211013_233248791.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If it isn't going to be seen I can't see any advantage in doing it. I can see an advantage in stuffing some insulation up the back of the bath, though, and the ends, bottom and front, before you box in, though. Keeps your bath water warm longer!

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back