Fire alarm servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I service fire alarm systems very often as part of my job. However I have just been on a maintenance refresher course with NIC and they are insisting that when servicing a fire alarm system I should go to every sounder to ensure that it operates. This is fine in a small property however I have just completed a service on a 300 bedroom hotel with base sounders in each room, it is impractical to go to each room and check the operation as the sounders will be ringing all day long!
Any advice except putting it down as a limitation?

Sponsored Links
what you do is get 299 assistants, 1 per sounder :)

Ask them about the practicalities of this and then ignore what they say. :)

Can you not batch test a certain number on a regular maintenance contract?
You agree to test, say 20 random sounders, across a variety of areas/floors and keep an accurate record of which ones have been tested. The next visit should cover a different set of sounders.

Sponsored Links
At my with they just make an announcement first telling you to report any problems at main reception.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back