Fire angel wi-safe 2 reliability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first of all apologies if this post is in the wrong forum section, we were woken up about 2 am last night to both the above detectors sounding, they were alternating with each other with 4 loud beeps, they were doing this for a good 40 seconds and then they both stopped and nothing since then.
I am trying to work out what would have caused them to trigger? First of all we have two of these detectors, one in the kitchen where the boiler (Worcester 18ri) is and obviously the cooker which just has a gas stove, These are the only gas appliances in the house. The other detector is in the upstairs landing outside the bedrooms the only reason for this detector is for acoustics, the one in the kitchen alone wouldn't be quite loud enough, i could only hear a faint 4 beeps from that detector as its downstairs and all doors were closed.

Since we are still alive hopefully i can only think this was a false alarm? The only thing that could have operated was the boiler but im thinking as this is a modern boiler it should be pretty well sealed to prevent co entering the room but im not 100% sure about that? We have the hot water from the prgrammer on constantly (not timed) so this means the boiler can and does come on at anytime to top up the hot water. if it was temporary co is it possible it could have come in from outside from a neighbours boiler? Or could one or both the detectors be faulty? Bear in mind i heard 4 loud beeps coming from both detectors so they were clearly communicating with each other, there was no single beep which would suggest a faulty battery or malfunction. Both detectors are about 4 months old and were recommended by the fire service. There could be a very simple explanation for all this but i am slightly paranoid about it because i knew of a friend who died from co poisoning or the silent killer if you like.

Sorry for long post
Hope it's clear

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
They are fire angel wi-safe 2 carbon monoxide detectors by the way i forget to put that in the title.
Cheers

If it were me, I'd switch off all gas equipment until a gas safe engineer comes out to inspect/repair.

Sponsored Links
If it were me, I'd switch off all gas equipment until a gas safe engineer comes out to inspect/repair.
Its off now at the gas meter and will stay off till an engineer comes round to check, i don't believe the detectors are faulty now tbh because they both work on test and there green lights flash every minute,and according to the manual they would flash yellow and beep once or twice every minute or so. Although with that being said it did appear fire angel had a faulty batch but i would have hoped the issue would have been resolved by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back