fire expanding foam distribution board

Sponsored Links
he means that it appears to be a consumer unit rather than a distribution board.

As you are not an electrician you cannot be expected to know the difference.

he means that it appears to be a consumer unit rather than a distribution board.
He might have meant that - but, of course, a consumer unit is a (type of) distribution board and, indeed, many electricians refer to CUs as 'boards'.

Kind Regards, John

It's more a case of what it does rather than what it's called.

Call that what you like - fusebox even, if you will, it makes no odds, 'cos I can't see how that's going to generate a bunch of sub-mains for a block of flats.

Communal area lighting, cleaners' sockets etc maybe.....

Sponsored Links
Call that what you like - fusebox even, if you will, it makes no odds, 'cos I can't see how that's going to generate a bunch of sub-mains for a block of flats. ... Communal area lighting, cleaners' sockets etc maybe.....
All true. However, if one changes/translates what was written to "a CU in a block of flats" it becomes perfectly credible.

Kind Regards, John

True.

As is 'an electrician would not have called that "the distribution board in a block of new flats"'

True. ... As is 'an electrician would not have called that "the distribution board in a block of new flats"'
Indeed, also true - although we obviously don't all always type exactly what we intended. However, in this case, it's far from the only bit of 'evidence', so I'm not going to disagree with your interpretation!

Kind Regards, John

As I read this thread I can see where the OP was originally recommended to call in an electrician, however the later posts (interesting though they are) could be construed as a suggestion that this recommendation is still being debated.

For the avoidance of any doubt, are you still recommending that an electrician is brought in to survey the apparent damage?

As I read this thread I can see where the OP was originally recommended to call in an electrician, however the later posts (interesting though they are) could be construed as a suggestion that this recommendation is still being debated.
I wouldn't really have said that, unless you believe that there is some remote possibility that the OP is an electrician. If that were the case, he ought to be able to "call in" himself - but, in view of what he has done (and asked), I think the advice would then have to be to "call in another electrician"!!
For the avoidance of any doubt, are you still recommending that an electrician is brought in to survey the apparent damage?
Of course - AFAICS, that's the only advice which the OP has ever been given, and no-one seems to have offered any different suggestions/ advice.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back