Fire place replacement help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

My mother is renovating a house and the fire place needs replacing because it's very outdated. The actual fire is a gas fire which is in perfectly good condition so we plan to keep it.

The fire surround we like is this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hand-Made-Sol...FireplacesMantelpieces_RL&hash=item2a11d4686d

My question is, where is the best place to buy the back panel and hearth and how would we get it to fit in the fire surround above? We want the back panel and hearth to be black.

Is there a back panel which we can buy and fit ourselves by cutting it to size? I'm not sure how to go about doing this so any help would be appreciated.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Before you start buying anything or taking your fireplace apart,get a gas safe engineer in to check the chimney is still sound and to check over the fire and make sure everything is suitable.
He/she will also be able to give you any and all adice on the whole job.
Remember you will need a gas safe engineer to remove and refit the fire anyway.
Go to the gas safe website to get contact info for an engineer in your area,with the relevant gas fire qualification,not all gas safe engineers are qualified to work on all types of gas appliances.

Sponsored Links
My question is, where is the best place to buy the back panel and hearth and how would we get it to fit in the fire surround above? We want the back panel and hearth to be black.

Is there a back panel which we can buy and fit ourselves by cutting it to size? I'm not sure how to go about doing this so any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

My advice is to go to a proper fireplsce shop where you csan touch and feel the product, and , hpefully, recieve quality advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back