fire rated downlights ?

jtc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi if I put low voltage downlights in a new kitchen extension do they have to be fire rated downlights. It is a flat roof with insulation above the rafters so no problems there. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Only if cutting a hole in the ceiling breeches a fire barrier and in your case it doesn't.

Thanks for the quick, consise reply. I should have added this to the original post. There will be between 12 and 15 downlights in total, will this be ok to add to the end ceiling rose or should I make this a completely new circuit.

Depends on the current loading of your lighting circuit, cable size and fuse/mcb rating against the new potential current loading.

Sponsored Links
If its a new kitchen extension then i guess its subject to planning consent & building regs?

Please remember the requirement for having the electrical works done to meet Building Regs Part P. Your LABC wont give you completion cert unless its done properly.

Or are u a registered spark doing the work for a client?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back