Firebird Enviromax C26

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We recently bought a property with an oil fired Firebird Enviromax C26 combi boiler.

We seem to be going through a lot of oil. I have set the timer but it seems to be coming often out side these times.

Is there a way to switch it over so it will come on when we need it?

Not much money coming in at the moment so funds are quite tight, like most people I imagine.

Thanks in advance

Allan

Sponsored Links
It's probably firing up to keep the store of hot water up to temperature. Does it have any kind of timer behind the front panel? Can you post a photo?

Hi Muggles,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We have it on timed at the moment.

But I am not sure what happens if we put it on OFF or CONSTANT.

It may be obvious - OFF is OFF and CONSTANT is CONSTANT....lol

But how does it effect the boiler and the demand for water?

Not my strong point you may gather

As a combi, it will maintain the heatstore temperature for hot water. What programmer do you have?

Sponsored Links
Hi Oilhead

It is a Danfoss timer

The question is if I turn off the timer will it switch off the boiler

If I put it on constant is the boiler on ALL the time?

Attachments

• danfoss.jpg
    danfoss.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 264
  • combi.jpg
    combi.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 246
That timer was normally used for solid fuel boilers with gravity H/W
Turn the timer to off and see if it cures the intermittent firing.
Hot water is probably on continuous.

With firebirds I’ve found they run very well with a smaller nozzle in than the manual recommends eg if book says 0.75 you can get away with a 0.65 and that will save you some oil. Bob

A randall 102; if it controls the boiler, then on timed it will not be maintaining the heatstore. A lot dependson how you need hot water, and how the heating is controlled. Do you have a room stat at all?

Hi Oilhead

It is a Danfoss timer

The question is if I turn off the timer will it switch off the boiler

If I put it on constant is the boiler on ALL the time?
That's only a single channel programmer, so it's just controlling your heating. Your hot water will almost certainly be hard-wired to be constant. You need to change to a two-channel programmer if you want control of the hot water as well.

As a side note, heating oil is really really cheap at the moment, so get your tank filled up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back