firebird c26 combi enviromax model

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The customer is concerned that the heating control knob is not functioning on his firebird c26 combi. The settings are between 60 and 80 degrees. He says it is not possible to adjust the temperature.

His convinced that the pcb requires replacing. Has anyone experienced a similar problem with this firebird model i.e no temperature control.

I appreciate any advice

Sponsored Links
Came across a very narrow setting on a grant vortex I have just installed.
Barely quarter of a turn from high to low setting.

Most oil fired boilers have a limited temperature range this is to ensure the rturn water is always above acid dew point (the temperature at which the sulphurous POC's will turn to water and cause extensive corrosion damage to the heat exchanger on the mild stell part of the boiler (the condesner is made of 316 stainless to enable cooler temperatures to be handled by the condenser but the ater passing into the main shell must be min 50'c ;)

Run the boiler up with a temperature probe in the pocket with the sensor. The only way to check its operation.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone. Thanks for your responses.

Checked temperature pocket with thermometer - whether boiler is turned up to maximum or minimum the temperature does not alter. Stays around 80-85 degrees. So new PCB? This seems a bit drastic just to achieve lower boiler temperatures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back