Firebird C26

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the site so probably look like a right numpty as I don't really know what I'm doing. I have a Firebird C26 Oil boiler that has just started to lose pressure. It is three years old. I have never had any probs with it until two days ago when I noticed the pressure had dropped so much the boiler cut out. I'd be grateful for any advice appart from "get a new one" as my wife has been spending too much recently. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check the pressure release pipe outside to see if there's any water there - also the boiler is likely to have an automatic air vent on the top of its casing. Look for mineral stains here, as the water evapourates quickly.
John :)

If it's not been serviced in a while the exp. vessel will need recharging. To do this release all the water pressure till the gauge reads zreo. Then using a car tyre pump, pump the vessel back up to 1 bar. Charge the water up to 1 bar again .Stix.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back