Fireglo Slimline keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I hope I am in the right place for this query.

I have a Fireglo Slimline gas fire. When I light it, it burns ok for a while (30 mins on average) then it suddenly gives a quiet 'pop' and goes out.

When I try to re-light the pilot there is no sound or smell of gas and I can't relight it. If I try the next day it works ok for a while then goes out again.

It is a relatively new fire (4 years old).

Does anyone know if there is anything I could do myself or do I call a plumber (?).

Thanks.

ps. I still have the Installation and User Instruction booklet but it doesn't help me!

Sponsored Links
Turn it OFF and get it serviced by a registerd gas installer.

The fire incorporates a safety device designed to shut down the fire if there is a problem with the flue. Pilot outage may also be due to other reasons but you should not use the fire until it has been thorougly checked. Make sure the installers ID card has the fires category ticked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back