Fireplace opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Im currently in the process of changing my fireplace. I have removed the old mahogany thing and am now thinking about creating an opening with an immation electric stove in it. The old fireplace was flat against the wall but i would like to build put a stud wall to make a little feature of the chimney breast as currently the room is a cream box. The old gas fire has now been disconnected and cut off by a gas engineer and i just have to lift it out. Behind the old firepace
It looks like the chimney was infilled with blocks and a lintel to accomadate the gas fire Which was there. Can i remove these blocks and open up the fireplace to create the look i want? Ive attached some
Pictures hopefully so people can get the idea Of what im planning. Any advice would be great

IMG_5720.JPG IMG_5721.JPG IMG_5724.JPG IMG_5727.PNG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back