Fireplace Restoration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need the stone/brick work of my fireplace cleaned and repaired/restored. I also need a new hearth fitted, along with a new stove and flue liner system installed.

Please, can anybody lead me in the right direction. (Surrey area)

The following is what I'm looking to achieve (B2, B5, B9)
http://www.bbfireplaces.co.uk/products.php?cat=2

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You don’t say what it is in particular your after :confused: is it advice on doing it or contacts your after?

You should be aware that installing a solid fuel stove is subject to several building regulations & is notifyable building work unless you use a registered HETAS installer; you must have a suitable hearth, flue (usually lined & insulated) permanently open ventilation if the stove output exceeds 5 kw, a notice plate & a compliance/commissioning certificate. You must also be careful what you finish the area around the stove with; it must be capable of withstanding the heat & ordinary Gypsum plaster or plasterboard will fail very quickly.

Hi,

RE: Richard C

Thank you for your message. Yes, it is contacts I am after as I would like the work done ASAP.

If you could provide me with genuine contacts I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Erm sorry but I'm not "yellow pages" so it's down to you to "search & find" my friend :rolleyes:

But if you want advice, I'm more than willing to help. ;)

Sponsored Links
I know that you're not the "Yellow pages", and yes I know it is up to me to "search & find".

FYI: I have been searching but I've had no luck yet finding any contacts that can work in the Surrey area. Thus my decision to post a message on this forum.

Richard C - grow a zapata `tash and get a M8 the same :idea: ;)

FFS get on & do it then :rolleyes: Log onto the HETAS website, they will give you a list of installers in your area, pick up the phone & talk to them. They can’t tell you which stove to go for, that’s down to personal preference but they may give you advice; visit local "stove sores" to have a look (& I can't believe there are none in Surrey) but don’t buy there as it will cost you a fortune.

Come on fella, I can’t believe there are no available contacts in Surrey, your just not trying hard enough. ;)

Richard C - grow a zapata `tash and get a M8 the same :idea: ;)
Sometimes I feel I should :rolleyes: ; I did have a "stash" for most of my life until a few years ago (shaved it off cos the snorkell mask won't seal) & we’ve recently been looking at many old family pics; photo frame you know :rolleyes: . Not so helpful comments from the younger side of the family have said I look like one half of 118 --- unfortunately I’ve got to say I agree with them. :eek:

I know all the information you have given and more. Finding someone that is certified to fit a stove and replace the hearth is not the issue I have. What I am having difficulty locating is someone that can clean the stone/brick work of my fireplace and reshape/remodel it. Hence, why my post is called "Fireplace Restoration" and not Stove Installation.

Therefore, please Richard if you can't offer any tangible advice or you are just looking to start a arguement then do not post any more comments on this thread.

Many thanks.

Therefore, please Richard if you can't offer any tangible advice or you are just looking to start a arguement then do not post any more comments on this thread.

Many thanks.

Well FU; I have no interest in looking for an augment, it’s not my style & I have far better things to do. As for tangible advice, you came here looking for it but you don’t seem to have made a very good job of helping yourself; this is not a “wet nurse” forum; were you expecting a few phone numbers! I could give you mine & a few others but that’s not the way to go & I’m not sure I would not even contemplate doing any work for you based on your response; not that I need to. Ask your questions & I will give advice but it will be technical & doesn’t extend to feeding you with local info which you can’t be bothered with finding yourself :rolleyes:

First and foremost, I do NOT want your number, so please keep it to yourself. Please note that by replying to my previous post, you have quite clearly demonstrated that in fact you do NOT have anything better to do.

I know the reasons why I posted my initial message and I do not have to explain these reasons to you. After all, you are NOT the moderator and neither are you the administrator of this site. Therefore, get off your high horse, as you have no authority to judge or scrutinize my post.

If you don’t like the question I’m asking in my post, then IGNORE it. If you think I haven’t “bothered with finding local info” then IGNORE my post. In short, please IGNORE my post and stop posting irrelevant comments.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back