Smoking fireplace

In these chastened times, they have decided to try and press the fireplace back into use and have had a recessed log-burning stove installed professionally. The chimney was swept and the installer fitted a new chimney pot.
Was it signed off by Hetas?

Sponsored Links
I got a HETAS certificate from the bodger who installed my stove.
Huh.
More to the point, does it work?

Ivor

Sponsored Links
Hello all. I am reading this with interest we are about to fit a Dunsely Yorkshire multi fuel boiler stove. And i have been informed that their MUST BE A 6X9 VENT put through the wall of my living room for ventilation. Our house is on top of a hill !!! its over 150 years old and has another 3 fires in it.
THE STOVE MUST BE DONE BY A HETAS INSTALLER who will issue a Cert for insurance purposes.
Were the people who installed your Dads fire HETAS.

Hello all. I am reading this with interest we are about to fit a Dunsely Yorkshire multi fuel boiler stove. And i have been informed that their MUST BE A 6X9 VENT put through the wall of my living room for ventilation. Our house is on top of a hill !!! its over 150 years old and has another 3 fires in it.
THE STOVE MUST BE DONE BY A HETAS INSTALLER who will issue a Cert for insurance purposes.
Were the people who installed your Dads fire HETAS.

I think you need to refer to the OP's Dad.

But since you refer to mine I can tell you that my Dad in his mid seventies fitted his own stove (a proper stove I might add not like the OP's piece of junk) for himself and his wife and both have survived after many years of use without any hetas intervention.

Of course his chimney is in the center of his home just like mine.

You've made a good decision with the Dunsley Yorkshire. The only contender to match your stove imo as far as quality is concerned is the Stanley Tara which I have in my home. I looked at both and it was a close call between the two.
Hope it all goes well for you.

Hello there
Thank you for the reply. I hope this fire works out. I have done all the prep work myself (and the wife to be fair has been a great help I must add ) I had a chap drop off an estimate yesterday still in the £££££ thousands for 2 days work. But thats the price I have to pay he is the cheapest of the half a dozen I have had in. We used to have a Parkray inset fire when I was a coal miner
and I remember getting a loan from the NCB to get it installed that was £1200 for fire and fitting. Up till now the parts alone including the DYMF Stove have come £3300 now i have to pay another lump to instal it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back