Firrings, fall 1:80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My drawings state firrings 1:80. so over a 320cm length only a 4cm fall,ie 4cm thick down to nothing

The firrings I have are 320cm long by 8cm down to nothing,Am i Right in thinking this is 1:40

Thanks....Mark

Sponsored Links
My drawings state firrings 1:80. so over a 320cm length only a 4cm fall,ie 4cm thick down to nothing

The firrings I have are 320cm long by 8cm down to nothing,Am i Right in thinking this is 1:40

Thanks....Mark

who made your drawings...

Yes.

1 in 80 = 12mm per metre. 3200 x 0.012 = 40mm.

1 in 40 = 25mm per metre. 3200 x 0.025 = 80mm.

oldun

Chances are 1:80 are minimum fall so increasing the fall shouldnt be a problem, but best check with the person that did your drawings to confirm.

Sponsored Links
Chances are 1:80 are minimum fall so increasing the fall shouldnt be a problem, but best check with the person that did your drawings to confirm.

i beg to differ.. one in eighty is not a recommended fall.. in any instance

i beg to differ.. one in eighty is not a recommended fall.. in any instance

With respect, we feel that this is not quite correct, as the minimum fall recommended in BS6229 for flat roofs is 1in80, how ever we will agree that where possible a 1in40 is much more beneficial.
oldun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back