first fix plumbing for kitchen

I have one built in to the tap
Unfortunately, they are not approved by WRAS anymore. The reason being that the the double check valves built into the tap can freeze and then stop working, rendering them ineffective.

Best practice is an ISO valve/double check valve and drain (if the tap is higher than the internal pipework) fitted to the pipework inside.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, they are not approved by WRAS anymore. The reason being that the the double check valves built into the tap can freeze and then stop working, rendering them ineffective.

Best practice is an ISO valve/double check valve and drain (if the tap is higher than the internal pipework) fitted to the pipework inside.

is it essential to have one? I live in a 2 bed terraced house with a tiny yard so it's not like i will be filling a pond of swimming pool. Just for washing my car

Depends on where you want to place any shelf in the unit.

Move them along and bring the cold up to meet the hot and then put and elbow on them both and add more pipe so there is tail on each pointing out towards the room with a cap on each. Then as the unit is being moved back, cut a hole where the pipes will fit through, do the same for the sink waste. Fit the carcase then cut and elbow the supplies up with an ISO on each ready for the sink, adding any tee's for appliances or outside tap etc.

thanks - so as i replace the stop end and replace with an elbow, i install T's on the vertical section of pipe for appliances etc, and then the isolation valves terminating at the top will be purely to isolate the taps?

is it essential to have one? I live in a 2 bed terraced house with a tiny yard so it's not like i will be filling a pond of swimming pool. Just for washing my car

Once the water enters the hose it is classed as Category 3, hence the need for a double check valve to stop any backflow of that water contaminating your mains supply/drinking water.

Sponsored Links
thanks - so as i replace the stop end and replace with an elbow, i install T's on the vertical section of pipe for appliances etc, and then the isolation valves terminating at the top will be purely to isolate the taps?

Yes, as long as any of the tee'd off supplies have their own isolation valves fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back