First fixing a house hot and cold in 15mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when first fixing a house off a combi. And the hot and cold pipes are 15mm through out. Is it ok to tee off the main run of hot and cold pipes once to put up 2 bathroom on with a bath and one with a shower. The only other supply's required are to a cloak room basin and toilet. Am I right in thinking with it all begin 15mm pipe teeing off separately would not make any difference?

Sponsored Links
Its ok to T off in 15mm, but if you have a bathroom and a shower room you might find a combi struggles to supply to both at the same time.

Thanks I realize the combi may struggle but were I work always fit combis is a price thing I think. Will be a 30kw combi though. Was just worried the one 15mm run feed a shower and bath in separate bathroom maybe an issue? But the whole house is pipes in 15mm. So can't see how teeing of the main run again would make a difference?

As longs as you have suitable pressure then 15mm should flow enough to supply 2 bathrooms, as easy mentions tho, any combi will struggle to supply 2 bathrooms plus kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I realize the combi may struggle but were I work always fit combis is a price thing I think
Price and less work with no tanks and / or cylinders to install are two of the main reasons why "informed" experts recommend combi boilers to their customers. But then they are not going to be living with the combi and the dis-advantages it introduces when there are two or more people in the home wanting hot water at the same time in the home.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back