First Harlow, now Bletchley

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Pregnant woman lost her baby after being kicked in the stomach in a racist attack"

"a man allegedly kicked and pushed a pregnant woman during a racist attack, causing her to lose her unborn child.

CCTV footage appeared to show the man verbally abusing the 34-year-old woman at a Co-op supermarket in Bletchley, near Milton Keynes, before following her to her car and knocking her to the ground.

The victim collapsed after being kicked in the stomach and was rushed to hospital, where she was told doctors would be unable to save her baby.

Thames Valley Police confirmed they wanted to speak to the man in connection with the attack on 6 August, and said a another man had been hit on the head with a bottle when he tried to intervene and save the woman.

The woman reportedly did nothing to aggravate her attacker while she shopped at the supermarket, and was confronted with a tirade of abuse.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...racist-attack-kicked-in-stomach-a7253006.html

A man has now been arrested.

There has been an increase on attacks on foreigners since the Brexit vote.

Sponsored Links
The article didn't say if she was foreign.
It said it was a racially motivated attack! She may not have been foreign, but a second/third/fourth generation of an immigrant.
She may have been as British as anyone of the abusive racists posters that infest these forums.

Sponsored Links
It said it was a racially motivated attack! She may have been as British as anyone that infest these forums.
Yes. That was my point.
v2fgu.jpg

The article didn't say if she was foreign.

Yes. That was my point.
v2fgu.jpg

I don't quite see your point.
It was a racially motivated attack. Do you think the thug was going to ask, "excuse me are you foreign?" before launching his racially motivated attack.
He just made the assumption that she was. We still don't know how accurate his assumption was, and it's irrelevant.

Last edited:
I don't quite see your point. It was a racially motivated attack. We still don't know how accurate his assumption was, and it's irrelevant.
Yes, you keep repeating my point. We don't know what was said, whether she was foreign, we still don't know how accurate his assumption was, and it's therefore irrelevant to "attacks on foreigners since the Brexit vote".

Last edited:
Yes, you keep repeating my point. We still don't know how accurate his assumption was, and it's therefore irrelevant to "attacks on foreigners since the Brexit vote".
The rise hasn't been "attacks on foreigners". The rise has been "racially motivated attacks".
In some cases, such as the Harlow incident, locals were aware of the nationality if the innocent victim.
In other cases, assumptions have been made, perhaps mistakenly, of the nationality of the innocent victims.

These attacks are 'racially motivated', not 'nationality motivated'!
The nationality of the victims is irrelevant.

In some cases, such as the Harlow incident, locals were aware of the nationality if the innocent victim.
In other cases, assumptions have been made, perhaps mistakenly, of the nationality of the innocent victims.

These attacks are 'racially motivated', not 'nationality motivated'!
The nationality of the victims is irrelevant.
Is Poland a race? The guy in Harlow was attacked because he was Polish, nationality wasn't irrelevant as you say, he was attacked purely because he was Polish.

That's not what JohnD said, though.
Aah, OK. If you wish to be pedantic. Perhaps you could have indicated why/how your comment arose. It would have saved us both time.

I think his message was otherwise clear and obvious.
There has been a significant rise in racially motivated attacks since the Brexit vote!

Is Poland a race? The guy in Harlow was attacked because he was Polish, it wasn't irrelevant as you say, he was attacked purely because he was Polish.

I think the specific nationality of the victims is irrelevant.
It makes more sense to describe these attacks as racially motivated, or hate motivated than to call them xenophobically motivated, which you could argue pedantically that is what they are.

I think the specific nationality of the victims is irrelevant.
It makes more sense to describe these attacks as racially motivated, or hate motivated than to call them xenophobically motivated.
Oh, YOU think. Ok then, that makes it all correct. Chortle.
I think the nationality is very important, considering it was the reason for the crime. I also think the two, race and nationality can be linked, but to say the nationality wasn't important is stupid.

I think too that there's more awareness, more people coming forward and better reporting of hate crimes.
Am positive that it will calm down and just have it's normal quota of hate crimes/****s soon - 2nd half of July apparently saw a fall. Hopefully this trend will keep happening.

Sponsored Links
Back