First time plasterer

Sponsored Links
If your using a drill to mix ,use on lower speed so you don't heat it up and drag air into the mix..whats the date on your multi

it sounds like your too eager to get the 2nd lot on.

dont mix your 2nd lot until all the ‘wetness’ ‘water’’shininess’ has gone off the top of your 1st .

Sponsored Links
As above. Get the first coat “under control” ie edges looking tidy and no misses, before doing second coat. If you can’t do that, you’ve got bigger issues
My moneys on it being mega absorbent cos it was old so you had no chance. If when you PVA it, thePVA dries instantly rather than hanging around for say 5 mins and going tacky, then it needs more PVA.

So am I best letting it fully dry, applying pva, then starting again? I probably could get away with it as it is, maybe just need to sand a few bits. I just cant seem to get consistency of plaster right. Its either too runny and its dropping off the trowel or its too thick and its almost drying as its going on. Going to end up wallpapering over it at this rate!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back