First use of biscuit jointer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
921AF931-470E-4ADF-8D4C-D965143B73F3.jpeg
Struggling with my first use of biscuit jointer apparently the red line at the front and rear guides should align but as you can see from the photo I’ve marked a line with a carpenters square across the timber and the notch at the rear of the line on the guide plate don’t align?

Sponsored Links
That’s poor, what make is it?

That said, there is tolerance once you have the biscuit glued in to one of Pieces of wood, shouldn’t prove a problem.

Looked again, is it about 2mm out ?

I’d return for replacement.

Sponsored Links
That’s poor, what make is it?

That said, there is tolerance once you have the biscuit glued in to one of Pieces of wood, shouldn’t prove a problem.

Looked again, is it about 2mm out ?

I’d return for replacement.
2-3mm out, its going back.

i personally wouldnt worry about 2mm as it is well within tolerances because you normally either cut slots or go 2mm or 3mm deeper to allow for wiggle and room for glue
i would personally get a bit off wood and plunge for a biscuit marking both the guide marks on the machine all be it 2mm apart then a 3rd mark where the centre off the biscuit falls and providing the biscuit centre is between or on the mark be happy but iff it falls outside would be compounding the problem ??

Waste of time changing it,replacement is the same. Only a cheapy so will persevere . Guide only locks on one side so if you press too hard when cutting can leave a non parallel cut .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back